L4760 has a soft underbelly..

DakotaMatt

Equipment
L4760HSTC, LA1055
May 26, 2015
North Dakota, USA
Hey all. I've got an L4760HSTC with a loader and 3rd function.

Question 1: Does anyone have a good diagram/photo of the 3rd function hydraulic line routing / bracketry for underneath the floor?

Question 2: Does anyone make an armor piece/kit for the tank-to-tank fuel hose and/or 3rd function lines?

Backstory:

Today I was bush hogging some crazy jungle stuff down in my slough.. carving a tunnel through 9 foot high reeds and other stuff. Good times.

Anyway, I suddenly noticed a strong diesel odor. I pulled forward a bit and the brush I had just been over looked shiny. I surmised that I was leaking diesel fuel, which was not the situation I wanted to be in in heavy brush on a 100 degree day.

Long story short, there is a big hose right under the floor of the tractor that connects separate fuel tanks on either side. That hose had been pulled off of the right side tank. The neck doesn't appear to be broken and the hose clamp is still on the hose. I dumped most of a tank of fuel in a matter of seconds. I was somehow able to get back home before I ran out of fuel.

So, in addition, my 3rd function hydraulic lines are now hanging down so low that they almost rub on the ground when parked on flat ground. I remember reading a complaint about the Grand L60 in regards to how the 3rd function line routing seemed like an afterthought and was insufficiently protected. Luckily I didn't lose those lines, but they are clearly not secured and insufficiently protected from the factory.

So, to reiterate my questions:
Is there an armor kit for the fuel hose and/or 3rd function lines? Does anyone have a picture or diagram of the 3rd function hose routing?

Finally, anything special I should do because of the fuel hose popping off and dumping the fuel?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I don't know of any commercially made, but have seen threads where owners or dealers have fabbed protection.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
In a tall grass/weed situation i would consider going backwards and dont change direction. Reversing direction is what likely pulled hose off.

The cat operators pushing bush generally avoid reversing, logging with skidders similar situation, reversing direction can force brush/branches into all kinds of unwanted places

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You can always use your fel to keep from running over anything funky. We had the occasional rock that would get over grown with weeds in the pasture. Used to keep the fel about 6 inches off the ground to find them. Did the same thing when reclaiming logging roads out through the sugar works and the rest of the property. It helped uncover any logs or large branches that may have fallen across the road and got over run with briers.

DakotaMatt

Equipment
L4760HSTC, LA1055
May 26, 2015
North Dakota, USA
Picture of current condition:

the fuel hose is circled in red

the upper hydraulic line is circled in yellow.

I was able to reattach the fuel hose no problem.

the 3rd function lines are hanging unsupported, and clearly too low.

what normally holds / secures them?

Attachments