Fuel issue on Kubota B7300

agunnoe

Aug 16, 2015
Knoxville
Howdy,
I have a Kubota B7300 that is not running properly. The problem became progressively worse and is now not running at all. I started by replacing the fuel filter, which was in pretty bad shape. That didn't work.

I was given this tractor by my father and law and get the feeling that he didnt take the best care of it. I'm also not the most mechanically inclined person around. I did have a friend of mine who is a mechanic come look at it (he doesnt have as much experience with diesel engines). We checked some lines and there was fuel coming out. He also bled one of the intake pipes and got the engine to fire from gas vapors coming off a rag at the air intake.

His conclusion was that it was fuel related and that we need to know the fuel pressure specs for the tractor. Anyone know?. I'm hoping its just the fuel pump, which doesnt seem like too bad of a repair.

Any other ideas, suggestions, etc.?

Thank you in advance,
Andrew

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First thing to do is get the WSM (Work Shop Manual) (AKA Service Manual).

If you do have a fuel problem it's probably not going to be in the fuel pump.
Most common problems with these tractors is junk or contamination in the fuel.
I would start by draining and dumping all old fuel, clean the filter cup and replace the fuel filter, crack all the injector lines at the injectors, crank engine till all lines leak fuel without bubbles.
If no fuel will come out then you probably have a fuel stop problem.;)