New B6000 owner w/B129 loader - loader question

grandmajo

Equipment
BX2670 w/FEL, MMM & Back Blade
Aug 15, 2015
Montpelier
I recently picked up a B6000 with the B219 loader. I'm wanting to go thru and change the fluids in it. I opted to start with the FEL, downloaded a manual as it only came with the tractor manuals. I've followed the steps in the FEL manual, but I can't seem to get the filter out? It's like it's stuck or has something on the end that I can't see that's holding it in. Any suggestions?

Oh, and the one line on the FEL looks to me more like garden hose than hydraulic hose. It's white, semi-transparent with a green stripe. I'm thinking that I should probably replace this? I talked to a guy friend of mine who says it it's working, then leave it alone. But if that's garden hose on there, it's not made to hold up to hydraulic pressure, correct?

Sorry, I'm a bit green at this, but am determined to learn!

Thanks!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Welcome to OTT, there are a lot of helpful folks around. I have used high pressure tubing similar to what you describe when I was working in a lab, so it may be better than garden hose, but that is not to say it is optimal for the purpose. Can't help on the filter issue, but I'm sure someone will.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm betting that the line you are talking about is either the return or the suction line, neither needs to be high pressure braided line. ;)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I think NIW is probably right on the hose, a pic would help.
The filter (screen) just unscrews like a pipe fitting (which it is, with a screen attached) not sure why it wouldn't come out. You are talking about the largest hex in the picture below, right? You should be able to remove the hose, the 90 degree hose barb, a threaded bushing, then the filter screen itself. Mine had a lot of sediment in the bottom of the tank, but nothing stopped it from coming out.

Attachments