Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 08-15-2015   #1
Rainman

Equipment: B6200 with 1640a FEL
Default B6200 Diff Lock Shaft won't move

I've had my B6200 D for about 5 years now. In it's previous life before me, it must have spent time with a road dept or contractor moving salt. I've replaced the Hood, Dash panel and floor plates. And rebuilt the entire FEL bucket as it was rusted thru in multiple spots.

I rebuilt the hydraulic pump a couple of weeks back (hyd oil in engine oil), with help from this site.

I'm in the process of building/rebuilding the fenders.

Today I found that the splined shaft that actuates the diff lock is stuck. I mashed too hard on the foot pedal and broke the cast lever that attaches to the shaft & linkage.

My question is: Can I apply a little bit of heat to the shaft, soak it with penetrating oil - repeat a couple of times to see if the shaft frees up? I wonder if there's a seal or Oring on the shaft, as it would surely get destroyed by the heat.

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited by Rainman; 08-15-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention FEL bucket
Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2015   #2
Tooljunkie

Equipment: L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
Default Re: B6200 Diff Lock Shaft won't move

There would be a seal of some sort in there, a gentle rattle with an air hammer while pouring hot water may break the rust free. Has worked very well for me on many occasions. It likely will be stuck towards the outside of seal/o ring.

If you don't learn something new every day, it's a Wasted Day.
"If you cant weld good,weld lots"
"You are insured for everythin but what happens to ya"M.B.(rip)
Tooljunkie is online now   Reply With Quote