03 bx1500 dies in low

enc.orange

Jul 25, 2015
AHOSKIE
Hello all,

got a 2003 bx1500 that when in neutral or high gear runs fine, but when put in low will die out to the point of turning off or staying running but will cut out and slows to a crawl.

this just started happening in the past week or so.

thanks in advance

enc.orange

Jul 25, 2015
AHOSKIE
Forgot to add, when driving forward then quickly go in reverse like when cutting grass, it will cut out also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
#1 Check the seat switch, odd it would only happen in low, but stranger things have happened.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Water in fuel? Lower range usually means higher rpms. More rpm more fuel needed. Filter with dirt or water will restrict flow.

enc.orange

Jul 25, 2015
AHOSKIE
Alright, replaced back fuel filter. (Napa only had one) Didn't help. But I did notice today that I can start the tractor in high which I shouldn't be able to do, correct? But not in low, and I can get off the seat in high and it won't cut off but not in low. So, I'm thinking it may be something electrical. I have already taken the shift lever switch (?) off and plan on replacing that, maybe the contacts were arc'ing on the inside

enc.orange

Jul 25, 2015
AHOSKIE
Ok finally got the safety switch at the shift lever and fuel filter for the front. Replaced the switch first and still ran like crap. Then I replaced the fuel filter, still ran bad. But, this time it ran bad in low and high. And, I did notice I couldn't start or get off the seat while in low or high this time. So, the switch must have fixed that. Well then, I got playing with the seat safety switch. When I held the switch down with my finger it ran great but when I just sat on the seat it would still run like before. So then I put a thin piece of wood between the seat and switch, ran like a top.

So does anyone know how to bypass the switch? With jumpers or whatever.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

So does anyone know how to bypass the switch? With jumpers or whatever.

LOL.... in round about ways you did just sorta bypass it. Another option if you don't have handy wire to make a jumper. I bet though you would have some super glue around. Since you can get in there with your finger to press it... how about just doing that with super glue on it. Noooo not on finger.... on the switch button. Super Glue it in pressed position.

So seat switch wise it appears high range made you sit back in the seat differently putting different forces on the slightly FUBARed switch. In low range you instinctively sat differently, different forces on switch.... FUBAR Flares up.

Vewy Intawesting

Last edited: