Removing glow plug

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
My tractor is a L245F.
The first glow plug and the easiest to get to is bad. The middle is around 2 ohms. I cant get a good reading on the front one. The readings keep jumping around.
So I thought if Im going to replace one then Ill replace all three. I tried to get a standard 12m socket on it then a deep well socket but neither fit correctly.
Is there a special socket or trick to get that front one out without moving the injector line out of the way ?
Thanks

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Most of the tool truck brands, or sears can get you an extra deep 12 mm socket. Or if you have time, but no $, you could cut a deep 12 mm in half, and weld in some pipe stock...:D

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Thanks for the help.
I thought about cutting the deep socket off part way but then I dont think there would be enough room for a swivel.
Maybe I can figure something out later.
I was hoping someone had removed that front glow plug before without removing the fuel line. Oh well the extra effort should be worth it. Even if I have to move it.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Craftsman and probably others make these cool open sockets. By this I mean the back end is open and will slide over any length. They are a little clunkier but when you need them you need them.