damaged backhoe buckets

Grateful Farmer

May 14, 2010
Industry, PA
I broke 2 buckets on my 4520B backhoe that is attached to a B1750 pulling stumps. One of the buckets tore which I hope to reweld, but the other one, the bracket that is welded to the bucket that the pins go thru broke out. Basically the pin pulled out sideways breaking the holes on both brackets of the bucket. Can these brackets be ordered/replaced. Perhaps someone out there has die cut these pieces before and can provide them. Then it should just be a matter of cutting off the broken brackets and welding on 2 new ones. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It sounds like you were doing some hard pulling on those stumps. I'm sure that most any machine shop can fab the pieces that you need to fix the buckets. Before I tore my machine up any more you may concider renting a larger machine to do the grunt work then finish with yours.

This cost me $250 a day on a job I just did and worked great on stumps. I did all the finish work with my tractor and didn't break anything on either one.

Attachments

Fellenz

Jul 5, 2010
Phelps, NY USA
Are these Kubota buckets or aftermarket? We have the same model backhoe on a B7200 and can't imagine how we could break the mounts on our bucket as we would run out of hydraulic capacity well before.

How heavy is the steel these mounts are made from? Do they have bushings welded in where they pin on to the backhoe?

If you're unable to buy the pieces or find someone local to make new ones I'd be happy to quote you a price to make a new set if you can supply drawings.

Hope this helps,

Erik Fellenz

www.fellenzfamilyfarm.com

Grateful Farmer

May 14, 2010
Industry, PA
I bought the tractor/backhoe used, but I believe that these are original buckets. I have 3 different sized buckets, but each one looks a little unique. So that seems a little strange.

I would have to measure the steel thickness, but it is approx 1/2 inch. There are no bushings on the buckets where the pins go. I have been talking to a couple of Kubota dealers, and they seem a little perplexed. None of them have been able to quote me a price on replacements. I'll see if I can come up with a drawing. It seems to me that there was an older post on this site with someone looking for a 6" bucket- and he had a buddy with a laser or water jet that would cut the pieces and he offered to supply these if anyone was interested, but I can't refind that post. I'll keep plowing onward... Thanks for all the input !!