Little info

Joshua Zahn

Equipment
L275
Feb 13, 2010
Elkton, Maryland USA
Hey y'all. I just found this on a different site and thought I'd share. I thought that I had seen previously a question about which model replaced which etc. and wanted to post this there but .....

Kubota uses an alphabetical designator to distiguish between the classes as they can sometimes have the same numeric numbers.
The lineup starting from the smallest to the largest.

BX = the SCUT class, Sub Compact Utility Tractor, exp BX2350, BX22, BX2660 etc. 4 digit's = std tractor, 2 digits = TLB model.

B = the CUT class, Compact Utility Tractor, exp B2620, B3630, B3030 etc.
A 1 or 2 as the 2nd digit = std tractor, a 3 as a 3rd digit = premium tractor

L = the Utility class, Utility Tractor, exp L2350, L2800, L4430 etc.
A 0 as the 3rd digit = std tractor, any other 3rd digit = premium tractor.

M = the large Utility class, exp M5030 etc.

As you can see there is a 2350 in the BX class as well as the L class and they are totally different size tractors.

They didn't start making the BX class until 2000.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey Josh, great information!
Thank you for passing it on, great for helping sort out the confusing Kubota numbering system :confused:

Scott

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Guys.... what would by B2410 4WD HSD be classified as according to the proposed numbering criteria?:confused:

I am not sure if it is a "little" big tractor or conversely a "big" little tractor.... not that it makes any difference.

But I can say one thing for sure... My uncle just bought a BX 30 sometyhing (can't remember) a little bigger than mine and I had an opportunity to compare them side by side... I would not trade my B for his BX even up and mine is 9 years old with almost 1000 hours on it.

When I look at his... I am reminded of the Wendy's commercial where the little old lady asked, "WHERE'S the BEEF????":rolleyes:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Butch your B2410 is whats considered a Compact Tractor and your uncle's BX30 is considered a Sub-compact tractor. Your's is a little larger in size and weight but might have roughly the same horse power of the BX series. Im not real sure if that referance chart up top it that accurate or up todate. Because you have a B2410 model and thats not listed.