Servicing a B7100 w/ B219 Front End Loader

etmccaus

Equipment
B7100DT
Feb 11, 2014
Michigan
I'm just getting started on tackling issues on my new-to-me B7100D, which is fitted with the (ARPS) B219 loader. I know some of you out here (Big Kahuna, for one) have gone through full-blown restos of the loader, so I hope you can help answer my questions...

1. First, I direly need to replace my fan belt, and cannot for the life of me figure out how in the hell to do so thanks to the hydraulic pump that's run off the front crank pulley. I can't figure out how to uncouple the chains that couple the shafts to the pump. Any help here? The manual is INCREDIBLY vague. I've already pulled the radiator for a few other tasks, so I have somewhat decent access to the chains...

2. Does anyone know what Cessna model numbers pertain to the original valve and pump? Hoping to source rebuild kits for both, though I suspect only the valve has an issue -- methinks there might be a slight leak through one of the levers.

3. Speaking of vague, both iterations of the B219 model I have are incredibly lazy in describing how in the hell to remove the loader. Ultimately, I think I need to drop the subframe so I can start tackling my front drive prop issues -- and I know that does entail removing the loader. What's the best strategy for this? Do keep in mind I do NOT have the luxury of an overhead/ gantry crane/hoist for this, though I might have access to something more along the lines of

I am not an ASE-licensed mechanic, but I am somewhat decent swinging a wrench. I'm really hoping to do as much of these repairs as possible on my own -- not only to help keep costs down, but also to build up my proficiency in maintaining this little B-series for the years to come.

Any help, support, and above all -- patience! -- you can lend me in this quest is beyond appreciated...

Thanks,

-Evan

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
The coupling chains have a master link just like a motorcycle chain. They get rusty because the chain never flexes so the links can be hard to remove. Penetrating oil is your friend in this situation.
As far a removing the loader. It is not that heavy.
Drain all hyd fluid from the lower strainer on the side tower.
Disconnect the 4 hydraulic lines from the controll valve.
Remove the pins that hold the loader frame to the tower.
Drag frame away from tractor.
remove front pump and lines .
Unbolt towers from the subframe.
Unbolt subframe from tractor.

I can't help with model #'s for pump or valve.

etmccaus

Equipment
B7100DT
Feb 11, 2014
Michigan
Thanks.

As for the chains -- yep, they're rusty -- at least the one closest to the engine is; still futzing with trying to get access to the other set. Do these have master links at all or do I need to pick up a chain breaker?

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
The chains do have master links.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Does anyone know what Cessna model numbers pertain to the original valve and pump? Hoping to source rebuild kits for both,
I knew I had this info around, just had to dig it out.
Ok, Big Kahuna sent me this info on the pump & spool valve rebuild kits…. I only did the spool valve, as my pump seems to be working fine & has no leaks.
The spool kit is a universal, and had some extra parts, but it had all the seals to R&R mine, with the exception of the float detent parts, which had become iron oxide in my valve.

Attachments

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Evan, look carefully at the chain for the master link just like in the photo below. After soaking it with some PB Blaster it should come apart. You may have to use a small diameter punch to help drive out the link after you remove the retaining clip.

Both chains will have master links. Remember the direction from which you removed the retaining clip. Be sure to install it back in the same direction so you don't make more work for yourself.

If you want to replace it with a new link you need to track down a #40-2 (Double Connecting Link) master link. I got my links from a local bearings, seals, and drive shafts company.

Or you could check out ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whitney-Sup...Parts_Accessories&hash=item565f99079c&vxp=mtr

Attachments

Last edited:

danmorea

Equipment
kubota b7100 loader/backhoe Kubota B2650 loader John Deere x540
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
I'm just getting started on tackling issues on my new-to-me B7100D, which is fitted with the (ARPS) B219 loader. I know some of you out here (Big Kahuna, for one) have gone through full-blown restos of the loader, so I hope you can help answer my questions...

1. First, I direly need to replace my fan belt, and cannot for the life of me figure out how in the hell to do so thanks to the hydraulic pump that's run off the front crank pulley. I can't figure out how to uncouple the chains that couple the shafts to the pump. Any help here? The manual is INCREDIBLY vague. I've already pulled the radiator for a few other tasks, so I have somewhat decent access to the chains...

2. Does anyone know what Cessna model numbers pertain to the original valve and pump? Hoping to source rebuild kits for both, though I suspect only the valve has an issue -- methinks there might be a slight leak through one of the levers.

3. Speaking of vague, both iterations of the B219 model I have are incredibly lazy in describing how in the hell to remove the loader. Ultimately, I think I need to drop the subframe so I can start tackling my front drive prop issues -- and I know that does entail removing the loader. What's the best strategy for this? Do keep in mind I do NOT have the luxury of an overhead/ gantry crane/hoist for this, though I might have access to something more along the lines of

I am not an ASE-licensed mechanic, but I am somewhat decent swinging a wrench. I'm really hoping to do as much of these repairs as possible on my own -- not only to help keep costs down, but also to build up my proficiency in maintaining this little B-series for the years to come.

Any help, support, and above all -- patience! -- you can lend me in this quest is beyond appreciated...

Thanks,

-Evan
When i replace belt - i stand the bucket on a custom built sawhorse/ like 5ft tall , i took out the radiator-replace coolant and hoses/good time and only like $25 i was able to have better access to chain
Still wonder if same one replace the loader valve with something new Mine too is a bit slow when i dump

etmccaus

Equipment
B7100DT
Feb 11, 2014
Michigan
Thanks, guys. Sorry for radio silence -- in the process of changing workplaces, so I've sadly been away from the site and my little 7100 for a week or so. I'll soak the chains in PB Blaster and try to find the links. Almost wondering if it might be a good idea to just replace 'em since they do look a bit rusty...

-Evan

etmccaus

Equipment
B7100DT
Feb 11, 2014
Michigan
Well, guys, I've looked over both chains seven ways to Sunday; can't seem to find a master link on EITHER chain. I've no qualms with replacing them with new chains (this time WITH master links) because of their age, but just curious as to what's my best approach for removal. Chain breaker? Dremel?

In other "fun" news, finding a lot of grease/ oil build-up on the bracket just above the front axle pin. Suspect a front main seal might need to be replaced. How difficult a process is this -- especially given my front crank pulley has the extension to drive the pump?

Thanks for helping me along with this, guys. Can't thank you enough.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes I would use a Dremel and cut off wheels to cut it off.
All you really need to do is cut the ends off one link and drive that link out.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
You need to be looking at both sides of both chains. You will only find the master link on one side of each chain. All the rest of the links will look the same.

Any chance you can get photos of both sides of your chains. Wow, I don't see how the chains could have been put on without using a master link.

Look for the little retainer clip to find the master link

Attachments

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
Just take the pump off as a unit, it slides off the front crank shaft, its a hella lot better this way, those double roller chains isn't cheap, and as for the rebuild of the Cessna control valve, Eaton sucks for support or parts, I tore down and bought seals to repair, I had to buy them 100 at a time, but I have the seals.

Big Kahuna

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Same here, slide the pump off. I was able to work on the radiator, alternator upgrade, and wiring with the front loader on the ground.

etmccaus

Equipment
B7100DT
Feb 11, 2014
Michigan
Just take the pump off as a unit, it slides off the front crank shaft, its a hella lot better this way, those double roller chains isn't cheap, and as for the rebuild of the Cessna control valve, Eaton sucks for support or parts, I tore down and bought seals to repair, I had to buy them 100 at a time, but I have the seals.

Big Kahuna
Talk about timing...you posted a day after I cut those chains off. No master links on either one. Oh well. I shall rebuild or replace 'em. But lesson learned about sliding the pump off.

Spent the evening trying to hunt down that seal kit. No kidding about lack of service/ support information. Think I found a place that sells 'em but at $8 each and a minimum order of $50...sigh.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Talk about timing...you posted a day after I cut those chains off. No master links on either one. Oh well. I shall rebuild or replace 'em. But lesson learned about sliding the pump off.

Spent the evening trying to hunt down that seal kit. No kidding about lack of service/ support information. Think I found a place that sells 'em but at $8 each and a minimum order of $50...sigh.
I'm curious with no master links how was the chain put on in the first place?

The master links are about $3 each, not available from Kubota dealer. Got them from a bearing supply company.

The replacement chain with the master link was about $25 from Kubota this past March.