My B8200 has new clothes!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm probably about to get smacked but I like the before photos. If I had a tractor like the one in the new pics I'm scared I'd turn into Wildfire and not want to use the tractor! LMAO!

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I'm probably about to get smacked but I like the before photos. If I had a tractor like the one in the new pics I'm scared I'd turn into Wildfire and not want to use the tractor! LMAO!
OMG Eric, this is supposed to be nice-nice time.

Take a seat for 10 minutes

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Did you not read the line at the end where I said "If I had a tractor like the one in the new pics I'm scared I'd turn into Wildfire and not want to USE the tractor! LMAO!"

it was a joke H A H A H A!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Did you not read the line at the end where I said "If I had a tractor like the one in the new pics I'm scared I'd turn into Wildfire and not want to USE the tractor! LMAO!"

it was a joke H A H A H A!
Oh I read it, but it's for your own good. Take a seat :D

Scott

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Wow! This is a project that turned out great. I would consider it second to none. Goes to show. If you put the time, talent and money into something it can turn out spectacular like this project turned out. Tip my lid to you sir. Outstanding. Pat yourself on the back. You deserve it :D

SockPuppet

Equipment
B8200
Nov 23, 2009
Washington State
Wildfire,

Thanks very much but I have to say, compared to your fork lift, my B8200 is just my version of a rattle can paint job. :eek:

The tractor is intended to be the prime mover on our 10 acre retirement property in the Cariboo region of BC. My goal was to preserve it, make it easier to fix if I bust it and make it easier to maintain. Looking good will make the seat time more enjoyable but is actually a byproduct. :)

Yes, I did spend about $500 on paint and related supplies but I've found that cheap materials is a false economy and I don't want to do this again any time soon. (I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on that one though. :) )

Again, I humbly thank you!

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Can you do my tractor too? :D

I'll stop by when I heading down to Califonia to see Scott for a coffee.:D

It is really great job.

Joe.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Can you do my tractor too? :D

I'll stop by when I heading down to Califonia to see Scott for a coffee.:D

It is really great job.

Joe.
Joe, you've only got 3,899 km's to go!

Oh I'm glad to see your wearing your helmet :D

Scott

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire,

Thanks very much but I have to say, compared to your fork lift, my B8200 is just my version of a rattle can paint job. :eek:

The tractor is intended to be the prime mover on our 10 acre retirement property in the Cariboo region of BC. My goal was to preserve it, make it easier to fix if I bust it and make it easier to maintain. Looking good will make the seat time more enjoyable but is actually a byproduct. :)

Yes, I did spend about $500 on paint and related supplies but I've found that cheap materials is a false economy and I don't want to do this again any time soon. (I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir on that one though. :) )

Again, I humbly thank you!

No need to thank me. You did a great job on that machine and you deserved the pat on the back. It's tough to get something to the condition you got that tractor back to and those of us that have done this sort of thing have a greater appreciation when we see this sort of thing. I'm sure you'll enjoy your hard work every time you get in the seat. I know I do. I would be turning down work if I didn't have the old forklift. I take on bigger jobs now that I have it so it's paying for it's self. Congrats on a very nice bit of work.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Sorry to take this off topic :(

Paul, at work we have a couple of those Toyota lifts. Some slight differences like: no air horns, no diamond plate trim, not as many cool lights, no trick diamond plate tool box and no cool ass chrome stacks! But ours has LOTS of scratches.

The ones at work have the mod for propane bottles that sit exactly where your tool box is.

OK, that aside, is your tractor a manual? I notice you have a third pedal to the left. Ours are auto trans. Well at least FWD and REV. So we only have two pedals.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

Wildfire

Equipment
Sorry to take this off topic :(

Paul, at work we have a couple of those Toyota lifts. Some slight differences like: no air horns, no diamond plate trim, not as many cool lights, no trick diamond plate tool box and no cool ass chrome stacks! But ours has LOTS of scratches.

The ones at work have the mod for propane bottles that sit exactly where your tool box is.

OK, that aside, is your tractor a manual? I notice you have a third pedal to the left. Ours are auto trans. Well at least FWD and REV. So we only have two pedals.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott this old lift had the propane brackets on it when I bought it but had been a gas running lift. It was used for almost twenty years on a waft moving boxes of fish around. These must be a tough because the guys told me they never repair the brakes on them. To stop they just ram it in reverse to stop. Yes it's fully automatic and yes it has three pedals. Left is the fuel pedal, next to that is a brake pedal and to the far left is what some call the "Inching pedal" When you press on that pedal it put the tranny in neutral and applies the brake. Very nice feature to have.