8560 50hr service

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Hi all,

Just turned over 50hrs on my 8560. Going to change the engine oil/filter, fuel filter, hydraulic filters and clean the air filter. Anything else I should do/ck/change? Do you guys recommend changing the front differential fluids also at the 50hr mark?

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
I believe the front differential fluid is changed at 50 hours for most Kubota tractors. But whatever the manual states for the 8560 should be done. I used 80w90 in all my tractors.

Kubota now does not call for a hydraulic fluid change at 50 hours. You can choose for yourself if this is wise. Pretty expensive tractor...relatively pretty inexpensive oil. $300 is worth the piece of mind in my opinion.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Grease all grease fittings! Especially the Front Axle Supports!

It's in the owners manual. Some change all the fluid now, some go by the manual. Your choice...

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Whether you decide to change your transmission fluid or not, have plenty of containers and rags handy as it comes out FAST.

Your manual pretty much covers it all, we, well actually my son, torqued our lug bolts and checked everything over.

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
As others have said, follow your manual. I have a BX1870, purchased in May of this year. Its manual said to check the lug bolts, FEL frame attachment bolts, do a visual inspection of the hydraulic lines, electrical lines, etc. etc.

As it happened, the lug bolts on my right front wheel were a little loose. I merely tightened them up snugly (did not use a torque wrench). This was my 50 hr. maintenance during which I changed the motor oil, motor oil filter and hydraulic filter.

At the hundred hour maintenance, the manual did not call for any oil/filter changes but a check/tightening (if needed) of the alternator belt (which was outside of spec so I tightened it) as well as a thorough inspection (brake free travel, forward/reverse pedal adjustment, etc.).

I again found the right front wheel lug nuts a little loose. On this occasion I removed the wheel entirely, checked everything out with the hub, wheel, mounting flange, etc. and then I got the torque wrench and torqued the lug nuts to the required 110 ft lbs. I'll check the lugs after another 10 - 15 hours and see if they've stayed snug.

Ben

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Thanks for the replies! I went ahead picked up the hydraulic fluid to change as well as the front diff fluid. The owners manual does cover everything pretty well, but sometimes it's handy to know what others do or don't do in the orange world. I have been greasing all of the FEL and front axles fitting about every 10 hrs. The 8560 has been one heck of tractor so far! Extremely pleased! I was a little concerned about the DPF regen but it works flawlessly the two times I have had to do it. Thanks again for the replies!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I believe the front differential fluid is changed at 50 hours for most Kubota tractors. But whatever the manual states for the 8560 should be done. I used 80w90 in all my tractors.

Kubota now does not call for a hydraulic fluid change at 50 hours. You can choose for yourself if this is wise. Pretty expensive tractor...relatively pretty inexpensive oil. $300 is worth the piece of mind in my opinion.

Well put. IMHO the 50hr change is the most important one of the tractors life but that's just me.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
Thanks for the replies! I went ahead picked up the hydraulic fluid to change as well as the front diff fluid. The owners manual does cover everything pretty well, but sometimes it's handy to know what others do or don't do in the orange world. I have been greasing all of the FEL and front axles fitting about every 10 hrs. The 8560 has been one heck of tractor so far! Extremely pleased! I was a little concerned about the DPF regen but it works flawlessly the two times I have had to do it. Thanks again for the replies!
My 8560 dpf regenerated after the first 11 hours, I hope that this is not the norm, seems a little early. I have the ROPS model and live in south Georgia. You can definitely tell when it regenerates. The extra heat coming off of the tractor will make you a lot more miserable on a hot Georgia day.

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
My 8560 dpf regenerated after the first 11 hours, I hope that this is not the norm, seems a little early. I have the ROPS model and live in south Georgia. You can definitely tell when it regenerates. The extra heat coming off of the tractor will make you a lot more miserable on a hot Georgia day.
I also have the ROPS with the hydraulic shuttle trans. My first regen was around the 12-15 hour mark and that was with a lot of low idleing loader work. The 2nd was around 48 hrs. During that time I worked it a little harder pulling a disc for food plots and running a 10' bushog. Seems keeping the RPMs up around 1500 or greater helps lessen the need to regen as often. I 'm in east Texas so I feel your pain with the heat.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
So far I have had a regeneration happen 3 different times all have been 10 hours (roughly) apart. I have been keeping the rpm's up above 1500 for all tasks. I do not use the floor mounted throttle even when doing loader work, never have with any tractor I have owned always hold a steady 1800 while doing loader work. All attachment's that I use on a regular basis run at 2300 or 540 pto. The only idle time I have is when I am changing attachment's. Guess time will tell. Glad Kubota warranted these DPF's for a good length of time.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
on my 4th regeneration now. This one just happened today at 36.7 hrs. can you all say
Guinea pig. This time it caught me when I got in from a Bush Hog'n job and was taking the tractor to the barn to clean it up and change attachments. I knew this would happen before long (regeneration at an awkward time) I had to let the tractor run through the cycle then it was to hot to spray off so my normal 10 minute chore of cleaning the tractor off after a job turned into 30+ I knew it was coming at some point though.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
Regen #5 just happened @ 47.4 hrs. Bush Hog'n Heavy grass and weeds for 5 Hrs. Rpm around 2300, or 540 rpm @ PTO. Does not seem to matter how hard I run the tractor every 10 hrs. seems to be the magic number for regeneration on mine. Anyone else with similar results. I am going to do the 50 hr. service this week.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
Finished the 50 hr. service the other day. Changed engine oil/filter, hydraulic oil/filters which by the way was part of the 50 hr service that Kubota recommends (according to my owners manual anyway) I did notice a typo in the manual. they recommend at 300 hrs. to change the hydraulic oil filters. To accomplish this the manual says to pull the drain plug and completely drain the hydraulic oil which is also your transmission oil. A few pages further into the manual they say part of your 600 Hr. service is to change your transmission fluid by removing the same plug. The oil coming from this plug services your transmission, Hydraulics and rear end so removing it for just a filter change at 300 hrs. would be like completing the transmission oil change recommended at 600 hrs. I would assume that one could just pull the filters while doing the recommended 300 hr. hydraulic filter change and save ones self quite a bit of money.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
DPF Regen #6 took place today at around 56Hrs. Pushing 2 loads of Washout Material (Tandem axle Mack) Then leveling and finish grading a driveway. 1800 rpm while pushing material with loader, 2300rpm while running power rake on 3 point hitch for finish grading. Kept on working while regen was happening as with other times. Extra heat felt good today as it was cold out. :) Customer came up to talk to me while regen was in progress. Could not idle down or regen would have stopped, had to get off the tractor and walk to quitter location so I could hear him.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
DPF regen #7 today. Pulled up to customers house, unloaded tractor, pulled tractor into customers yard and the regen light starts flashing. Was going to park the tractor and run back to the shop for the dump truck and start hauling dirt but I had to let the regen finish. This one happened at 63.5hrs. only 7.5 hrs since the last one. Emailed Kubota, waiting for a reply. Here is what I E-Mailed them.

I have just recently purchased my Kubota M8560HD12 Tractor. I have a question about the DPF Filtration system. My tractor is regenerating at what I would consider to be quite frequent intervals and the time between intervals is getting shorter. I only have 65 hrs. on this tractor and have had 7 regenerations to date. I operate the tractor at no lower rpm than 1850-1900 (Loader Work) and at other times when running a PTO driven implement I run at 2300rpm or 540rpm pto speed. The only time that my tractor idles is when I am hooking up to or unhooking an attatchment even then I have been keeping the rpm's above 1200. My regeneration intervals are as follows: 1st-11Hrs., 2nd-20Hrs.,3rd-29Hrs., 4th-36.7 Hrs., 5th-47.4hrs., 6th-56Hrs., 7th-63.5Hrs.

This seems rather frequent to me, my question is should I be concerned or is this normal?

When I receive a reply I will post the info.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It sure would be nice to take all that crap off and just let it be a tractor like it's suppose to be. EPA bs does nothing but jack the price up. My Kubotas burn so clean now I just don't see the point.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
Yes sir I agree. Unfortunately this new technology is here to stay I am afraid. I was beginning to think I was being shunned or something Ha. I was the only one posting here on this thread. I am new to forums and Hope that I am doing things correctly. I want others to have a first hand look into what is going on with this new technology so that they can make informed decisions on their purchase of what is a major expense. A couple of these tractors and one could buy a house. I have owned 3 different ones :eek:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I've been following this thread since you started it. I really don't have anything to add because I'm not around anything that has a DPF. I for one don't like what I'm hearing about the way yours is acting. I hope Kubota get's back to you and maybe we all can learn something new. Thanks for the post.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was beginning to think I was being shunned or something :eek:
No it's more of a envy thing, most of us don't own a new tractor. :p

I too have been following along, taking notes, and learning the whole way, so keep up the great information trail! ;)

Last edited:

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
I'm glad I bought a new one before the def fluid . I bet there will be a few problems with it .

I have to use def on my 2012 f350 but there's been no problems on them .

A couple local big truck guys do have problems with there semis that use def fluid .

Maybe all the kinks will be out of the systems by the time I can ever afford another new tractor .

Will be watch'n this thread .

One thing I will add about regen is that if ya run crappy fuel . You will get more regens .