L3800 - "Floor" removed....

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
L3800 - "Floor" removed--PAINT INFO--

Here it is naked! Pulled off the 2 floor plates, trans cover, and under-seat plate. The trans housing sure looks little!

ADDING-- Rustoleum "Charcoal Gray" from HD is a PERFECT match for Kubota Gray. $4.02 Out the door here in GA.

Attachments

Last edited:

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
That's what I'm up to. Repainted around all of the edges after sanding areas that needed attention. The right foot panel is a booger. Have to remove the throttle linkage and the diff lock linkage. Not sure how the HST would be with its pedal there. The clutch and brakes both have 'return' springs on them that tie them into the floor.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I believe another member did that last year, number 9 maybe, haven't seen him on here in a while. Anyway I need to go the same thing. The paint is wearing on mine in a few spots.

Are you doing the step too ?

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Yes, doing the step as well. I cannot believe how many spots have no orange paint, just their yellow primer. I hit the parts from every angle. I'm using the TSC kubota orange as I've used it in the past. I believe it to be superior to the paint kubota uses; took no time at all for K Paint to wear off and fade, even where the upper side of my rubber boots touch the fenders, etc...

Kubota orange fades pretty quick. TSC paint seems a little more orange, but I have a spot I touched up last year that matches the kubota paint around it almost perfectly. Hard to tell exactly as I put on the TSC paint MUCH thicker than the once-over the factory does.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
I just sprayed a snowplow that I put a ssqa plate on for my tractor with TSC Kubota Orange. It came out good. I stole another members idea (I forget who now) and bought a set of big truck mudflaps and made a stencil out of cardboard just like my floor boars. Transferred it to the mudflaps and cut them out and they work great. Just an idea.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
I just sprayed a snowplow that I put a ssqa plate on for my tractor with TSC Kubota Orange. It came out good. I stole another members idea (I forget who now) and bought a set of big truck mudflaps and made a stencil out of cardboard just like my floor boars. Transferred it to the mudflaps and cut them out and they work great. Just an idea.
That's a good idea. I wonder what types of harder rubber are out there that get soft around 250 degrees or so as that'd make a great WeatherTech style floor mat after a good heating with a heat gun.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
That is a hell of an idea too.... yeah, heat them up so they conform to the floorboard.... hmm.. I will think on that. I made a scabbard for my father out of a piece of 3" sch 40 pvc. Set it on top of the wood stove for just a couple mins and it make a factory looking scabbard for cheap money.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
That is a hell of an idea too.... yeah, heat them up so they conform to the floorboard.... hmm.. I will think on that. I made a scabbard for my father out of a piece of 3" sch 40 pvc. Set it on top of the wood stove for just a couple mins and it make a factory looking scabbard for cheap money.
In regards to the cut mud flap; you can put a nut/bolt through 2 or 3 holes out of the way to retain it in place. Figured with it just sitting there it'd be prone to moving around or blowing away?

I've yet to do the bed liner, but you got me thinking. Took a look at HFT and found this...

http://www.harborfreight.com/self-adhesive-rubber-safety-step-mat-98858.html

I wouldn't rely on its peel-n-stick, but would pick up a 3M adhesive.

Last edited:

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Honestly, I dont have a bit of trouble with that. They are a good 1/4" think. I used the cheapest big truck mudflaps Napa had. they were cheap too, I think my cost was like 10-12 bucks. not each, the pair. On the Hst pedal side seems like there was a couple bolts I had to drill holes for so they act as a locator.

Attachments

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
If you look at my pics from post 1 you will see the where the fenders get worn. I think I may still use the bedliner on them maybe a foot up or so. I repainted just about everything on the tractor that is gray today. The more I think about the bedliner, my opinion is wavering. Not sure how it will hold up to my rubber boots. I've repainted the floor once already due to sizable chunks of bare steel showing. It's back again even worse now (been 2x the hours put on the machine since first go). I want a simple solution that should I need to repair it again (certainly hope not) it will be easy. The bedliner can just be painted over itself so it should* be easy. I like the idea of gluing a very durable pvc/vinyl mat like the one from HF on there w/ some custom trimming and cutouts to make it look like it came with it.

Anyone have experience with various adhesives? Want something strong, but not so strong that I couldn't get it off if I need to down the line.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Several people have done the Line-X treatment. I wonder how that has held up? Anyone?

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Yes, doing the step as well. I cannot believe how many spots have no orange paint, just their yellow primer. I hit the parts from every angle. I'm using the TSC kubota orange as I've used it in the past. I believe it to be superior to the paint kubota uses; took no time at all for K Paint to wear off and fade, even where the upper side of my rubber boots touch the fenders, etc...
I have really liked and used the TSC Kubota Orange also. I'm referring to the old, original orange color like on the B7100's.

In my area I have found that they are no longer carrying it. They have switched brands of paint to "Majic" brand of paint. Since the switch, they no longer seem to have it available the orange in spray cans. I have not checked in the gallons.

If the old brand of paint is still available in Kubota orange I suggest you pick it up while it is still on the shelf.

Last edited:

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
I have really liked and used the TSC Kubota Orange also. I'm referring to the old, original orange color like on the B7100's.

In my area I have found that they are no longer carrying it. They have switched brands of paint to "Majic" brand of paint. Since the switch, they no longer seem to have it available the orange in spray cans. I have not checked in the gallons.

If the old brand of paint is still available in Kubota orange I suggest you pick it up while it is still on the shelf.
The only stuff I have seen is what they call New Kubota Orange

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I like the mud flap idea, especially the cost. Might try it out this weekend.