B1550 Mower deck hanger bracket bolts falling out

bopatn

Equipment
kubota 1550 hse
Apr 14, 2019
culleoka
For some reason these bracket bolts keep falling out. There are 3 that hold the bracket to attach the mower deck onto the frame on each side. Anyone else having this problem and how did you fix it?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I might try a stop nut or lock washer and/or blue Loctite.

bopatn

Equipment
kubota 1550 hse
Apr 14, 2019
culleoka
A wrench?:)
That's funny! I think the problem might be that instead of the frame being threaded (for the bolts) they tacked nuts on the inside. It's a box or a square tube that's only open on one end, not the backside, and there's no room to get a wrench in there. The bolts won't thread so I'm thinking the nuts fell off. This is what I'm trying to determine. Guess I wasn't as clear as I could have been initially.

With so many of these units out there I doubt mine is the only one loosing bolts. If you've had this issue I'd be interested to know how you remedied it.

Thanks

bopatn

Equipment
kubota 1550 hse
Apr 14, 2019
culleoka
I might try a stop nut or lock washer and/or blue Loctite.
The bolts won't start to thread, I was wondering if, instead of threads in the frame they tack welded nuts on. The problem is that the brackets attach to square channel that's enclosed except for a small area on one side. I wanted to attach a picture from my manual which shows this but they wouldn't allow me to do so since I'm a new member. Anyway, I suspect that the nuts are now gone. If anyone else has had this problem I'd be interested to know how you remedied it. Six acres of rapidly growing grass await! Thanks

bopatn

Equipment
kubota 1550 hse
Apr 14, 2019
culleoka
The bolts won't thread. Is it possible nuts were tacked on but now they've fallen/vibrated off? There's no room to access the area where bolts thread into, it's enclosed except for a small area on the side.

If you've had this problem I'd be interested to know how you fixed it. Thanks

bopatn

Equipment
kubota 1550 hse
Apr 14, 2019
culleoka
It's fixed! I took off the right side step then removed the parking brake pawl to gain access to the backside of where the three bolts fasten the hanger bracket. There were nuts there that were tack welded but the welds broke so the bolts either fell out or wouldn't tighten. Taking the step off and removing the pawl allowed my grandson to get his skinny fingers in there to get lock washers and nuts on the bolts. Now they should stay good and tight.