I really need help from another L305DT owner

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Yessir! Float position is a MUST. I have found so many practical uses for it!

Good luck!
One aspect to consider if you already have a need for a third spool to control a top and tilt for example, is to buy a loader valve with 3 spools or 4 spools.

Cross hydraulics have been a big help to to other owners either with problems or needing advice on getting the features they want in a loader valve.

This spec sheet shows, with a simple 2 spool loader valve, how many different ways it can be spec'd to best suit your tractor and your needs.

A joystick is easily added to a valve with two levers. It does not change what feature is in each spool.

https://crossmfg.com/

Jeff, one of their Tech guys, is easily reached by phone and can guide you through issues such as having regen on the bucket part of the loader valve.

The reason I am suggesting some home work now is since you already know you want more than just a loader control is because another hydraulic device it can bring you into the world of power beyond which has confused many. It would also need to be ordered as a option on the loader valve. It usually is a plug which screws into the valve body.

You talk of reusing your existing FEL valve but do you know what features it has, regen perhaps, a detent? Does it have power beyond to feed the rear 3 pt hitch since it presently is being supplied with an independent front mounted pump and the 3 pt works off the main hydraulic pump. Not likely it has PB.

I do not know but perhaps CROSS can supply a 3 spool loader valve with a joystick for the two spools used for the loader and a third lever for the top and tilt.

BUCHER hydraulics has and may still be a supplier of loader valves companies like Kubota buy to install on new tractors. When owners of older Kubota's went to BUCHER for advice, since there was a BUCHER metal tag on their loader along with a model number, they were told they would have to go back to Kubota for any parts or advice as it was an OEM valve.

https://www.bucherhydraulics.com/30971/start/start.aspx

As you see on the CROSS sheet hydraulic valves have flow ratings, 10 gpm, 15 gpm...... It is natural to think bigger is better.

No.

With a valve with too high a flow rating, you loose the ability to finely control movement of your FEL or other.

Carefully select the valves and valve features you need and be happy forever, grab a generic FEL valve a Harbor Freight or similar and you may end up with a life time of frustration.

Dave

Last edited:

BotaTrac

Equipment
Kubota B25D, Kubota L305DT, Kubota L2501D, Ford 681 Select-O-Speed
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
One aspect to consider if you already have a need for a third spool to control a top and tilt for example, is to buy a loader valve with 3 spools or 4 spools.

Cross hydraulics have been a big help to to other owners either with problems or needing advice on getting the features they want in a loader valve.

This spec sheet shows, with a simple 2 spool loader valve, how many different ways it can be spec'd to best suit your tractor and your needs.

A joystick is easily added to a valve with two levers. It does not change what feature is in each spool.

https://crossmfg.com/

Jeff, one of their Tech guys, is easily reached by phone and can guide you through issues such as having regen on the bucket part of the loader valve.

The reason I am suggesting some home work now is since you already know you want more than just a loader control is because another hydraulic device it can bring you into the world of power beyond which has confused many. It would also need to be ordered as a option on the loader valve. It usually is a plug which screws into the valve body.

You talk of reusing your existing FEL valve but do you know what features it has, regen perhaps, a detent? Does it have power beyond to feed the rear 3 pt hitch since it presently is being supplied with an independent front mounted pump and the 3 pt works off the main hydraulic pump. Not likely it has PB.

I do not know but perhaps CROSS can supply a 3 spool loader valve with a joystick for the two spools used for the loader and a third lever for the top and tilt.

BUCHER hydraulics has and may still be a supplier of loader valves companies like Kubota buy to install on new tractors. When owners of older Kubota's went to BUCHER for advice, since there was a BUCHER metal tag on their loader along with a model number, they were told they would have to go back to Kubota for any parts or advice as it was an OEM valve.

https://www.bucherhydraulics.com/30971/start/start.aspx

As you see on the CROSS sheet hydraulic valves have flow ratings, 10 gpm, 15 gpm...... It is natural to think bigger is better.

No.

With a valve with too high a flow rating, you loose the ability to finely control movement of your FEL or other.

Carefully select the valves and valve features you need and be happy forever, grab a generic FEL valve a Harbor Freight or similar and you may end up with a life time of frustration.

Dave
Thanks Dave. That sheet is going to come in real handy. Hydraulics is a form of magical science all its own. I do have a cross valve currently on my machine. And I suggested putting it on the back to control the hydraulic top link. But this info opens up some more possibilities. I have all the printed materials I could find on that machine. Somewhere in the specs has to be the flow rate of the hydraulic system. Thanks again! I really appreciate everyone who has taken the time to explain this machine to me.

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
Here is a better picture of the part that you remove and replace.

Thanks again NIW...... I bought the block. It was in stock and only $100. Now I know where the lines are going to go, I'll have to figure out where to put these controls. I'm right handed so with the 3pt control and draft control already in the best spot, I was thinking about making a two tiered pedestal with 2" box stock welded right on top of the rear FEL frame. Or maybe get a valve with a joystick and a set of levers at 90 degrees to the joystick.

Wail till you guys see this beast. I'Ve hired a guy who has been doing tractors about as long as I have been alive to help me do this. We're going to do this once and were gonna do it right. Empty beer cans included.....

He is about an hour away fron me and we talked a bit this morning. We made a deal - even on paint. I will take zillions of picks and will be fun for everyone.

Again, thank you everyone!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you go with a new valve you'll also need a third line for return / tank that will go strait to the sump (Rear end, Transmission).
I'll dig a little and see if I can find the best place to send this. ;)

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
If you go with a new valve you'll also need a third line for return / tank that will go strait to the sump (Rear end, Transmission).
I'll dig a little and see if I can find the best place to send this. ;)
Thanks again. LMK what you find if you get a chance. When this machine is done it's gonna do everything! No more "I wish I had a _________ on this machine!"

I'll take lots of pics and post as much of thr evolution as Possible. I think it's gonna be pretty cool when done. I want to do the tractor first, then restore the loader......:cool: