Special tool for Oil Pressure Sender?

KeithBarney

Equipment
B7100HST with Woods LS-72 loader. B6100-HST-D and land pride grooming mower
May 17, 2009
Knoxville, MD
Is there a special tool that fits the stock Oil Pressure Sender on a B6100 ? The outer ring on the sender isn't six sided like a big bolt but looks closer to maybe an overgrown torx socket. Also the wire connected to the sender seems to be one piece from the harness. I don't see where it is supposed to disconnect to remove from sender.

In one of the online parts catalogs I see a replacement sender's outer ring is six sided and has a standard push connector on it.

What's normal?

-Keith

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
If you're planning on replaceing the unit, maybe some vise grips or large channell locks to get it off. If the wire is not held on by a verry small nut, you can cut the wire and put a female spade connector on it that will slide on to the new pressure switch.

KeithBarney

Equipment
May 17, 2009
Knoxville, MD
I took off the muffler and the side engine cover to get a better angle. The electical connector on the sender was a phillips screw. The sender itself had 12 sides and exactly fit a 1" deep socket.

lovely09

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
manila
Hi there!Keith,i just want to ask,what is the effect if i use the six sided sender or twelve sides?How will i know which is the right one?

KeithBarney

Equipment
May 17, 2009
Knoxville, MD
The old sender was 12 sided so only the 12 sided socket would fit it. In the parts catalog the new senders look to be six sides but a 12 sided socket should also fit a 6 sided sender. The 12 sided socket I used was 1" but I guess the sender is really maybe 26mm in metric.

-Keith