Transmission screen/filter on L185

Cruz_Man

Equipment
L185DT
Jul 8, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Ok so I have seen a few post and many many of them say be sure and clean this little screen.

Well Let me tell you. The oil in the tranny looked really good. (almost new) but when I took the screen off it was completly caked in what looked to me like rubber bits. Kind of make you wonder if someone dropped an O ring down in there or something. Might have been RTV bits too. Glad it is all clean now. Just wonder if I should drain it again in a few weeks to see if there are any more junk floating around.

My rear lift is still not right. I'll play with the little knob under the seat and see what difference it makes tomorrow.

I pulled three plugs (two on the brake/axle housings ) and one under the shifters. Did I get them all. (shop manual is on the way)

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
That is why the oil is so clean! The filters are doimg there job. The suction screen will cause more problems than the filter will but most owners don't even know it is there! The knob under your seat is probably the "rate of drop"
control. with it you can adjust the speed at which an impliment drops.if you turn it right in the impliment won't drop at all.
Ed

Cruz_Man

Equipment
L185DT
Jul 8, 2009
Atlanta, GA
That is why the oil is so clean! The filters are doimg there job. The suction screen will cause more problems than the filter will but most owners don't even know it is there! The knob under your seat is probably the "rate of drop"
control. with it you can adjust the speed at which an impliment drops.if you turn it right in the impliment won't drop at all.
Ed
Thanks, After the oil / transmission fluid change and a little adjusting on the knob the rear lift arm with 4' brushog work like a charm. Ssssmmmmmoooottttthhhh!