Belly mower cutting height adjustment

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
My BX2350 won't lock into the top position either. Tried the adjustment method and ended up turning the screw all the way in with no more adjustment and the adjustment knob still won't turn to the top position...any ideas?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
My BX2350 won't lock into the top position either. Tried the adjustment method and ended up turning the screw all the way in with no more adjustment and the adjustment knob still won't turn to the top position...any ideas?
Take pictures of the adjustment screw as well as the rod. Make sure that you have raised the three point as high as it will go. Raise the three point until you are sure that it is all the way to the top. The belly mower should raise at the same time that your three point does. Once both the three point and the belly mower are at the highest position that they can go, then take pictures like the ones that I have posted here. That will show us your linkage and maybe we can see the problem from there. That is the best we can do to help diagnose your problem, if we can at all.

Attachments

OC455

Equipment
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
Mower and 3 pint hitch are all the way up. And the adjustment under the left rear tire looks like the one in post number 5. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures here yet.

OrangeRidge

Jul 10, 2010
Queensland Australia
If you need more latitude in adjustment ( I'm wondering if height ajust/locking dial may have a problem ) there's an option of removing the locking nut from that bolt in picture from post "5" ( ? ) .

OC455

Equipment
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
If you need more latitude in adjustment ( I'm wondering if height ajust/locking dial may have a problem ) there's an option of removing the locking nut from that bolt in picture from post "5" ( ? ) .
I wonder if you can get a long bolt?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I think that a longer bolt would be more likely to break. Look at my pictures in post #19. That bolt is held in place by just a nut spot welded in place on the bracket. A longer bolt would be more likely to break than a shorter one.

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
I subscribed to this thread several years ago. When I went to make an adjustment on the new BX2680 and it wouldn't go to top instead of scratching my head I went back this thread. Easy fix, thanks!

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
So, I’ve read and reread. I adjusted the push rod so I can turn the knob to TOP, but at the 4 setting, it cuts at 3 inches. From what I can tell, you adjust the front using the mounting bracket, but I can’t figure out where to adjust the rear. I assume it is the threaded posts on the mounting brackets, but they don’t have heads, so how do they adjust. Bx2200 with rck60b-22bx

Thanks
David

TroyTrojan

Equipment
BX2370 GCK60-26BX
Feb 2, 2018
Huntsville, AL
So last night I attempted to fix my Mowing Height knob so it would lock into the TOP position. I adjusted the bolt over the left rear wheel and kept trying to turn the knob to TOP. It wouldn't go into that position. The adjustment screw is now all the way down as far as it will go. What else can I try? This is most frustrating.

Thanks to all who have posted to this forum complete with pictures. It is most helpful. This morning I sent a message to the local dealer since my tractor is still under warranty.

Thanks,
Mark

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
It would help to remove the left rear wheel so you can see the adjuster and how it operates. It is like a spiral staircase and gets rusty. Get lubed good and then with the deck all the way down, spin that knob clockwise and counter clockwise until it's free.

TroyTrojan

Equipment
BX2370 GCK60-26BX
Feb 2, 2018
Huntsville, AL
It would help to remove the left rear wheel so you can see the adjuster and how it operates. It is like a spiral staircase and gets rusty. Get lubed good and then with the deck all the way down, spin that knob clockwise and counter clockwise until it's free.
The tractor is almost 2 years old and is kept in a garage. No rust is showing.

I'm guessing the knob has malfunctioned. I will drop the mowing deck off after mowing season and see what I can do... I've reached out to the dealer here since the thing is still under warranty? I recently had plumbing added for Grapple and it might be in the way of the deck reaching it's desired location for the knob to turn to the "TOP" position?? Just a thought.

Thanks,
Mark

billymac1961

Equipment
BX 2380 w/loader,4' buchhog,60"MMM
Mar 26, 2020
Jacksonville, Fl
this appears to be my problem also. I have a BX2380 4 is as high as it goes not top. I will give it a try and post results. The sad part is the dealers mechanic told me that 4 was as high as it went and i knew it was BS.