Third function options for the rear of a B2601.

AndyW

Equipment
2019 B2601 TLB
Jan 24, 2020
Kingston, WA
If I wanted to add a third function capability to the *rear* of my TLB B2601 so I could use a hydraulic top pin, what kit do I need? I already have factory third function for the loader for my grapple. Thx.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It not called a third function when it's on the rear it's called a remote valve or remote function.

What are you calling the hydraulic top pin?

A B2601 is not a TLB.
TLB's are different than a Ag Tractor with a loader and a backhoe attached.

The only current TLB's are B26, L47, M62.

AndyW

Equipment
2019 B2601 TLB
Jan 24, 2020
Kingston, WA
It not called a third function when it's on the rear it's called a remote valve or remote function.

What are you calling the hydraulic top pin?

A B2601 is not a TLB.
TLB's are different than a Ag Tractor with a loader and a backhoe attached.

The only current TLB's are B26, L47, M62.
I was thinking of TLB as just "Tractor, Loader, Backhoe" as a configuration.

Hydraulic top link is what I meant to say.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was thinking of TLB as just "Tractor, Loader, Backhoe" as a configuration.

Hydraulic top link is what I meant to say.
Ok got ya, as I was thinking maybe you were thinking a hydraulic thumb control for a backhoe.

I'm sorry I don't know what valve kit number off the top of my head, if you don't have a local dealer that you work with, give Coleman Equipment or Messick's a call and either can help you get the right set up for it. ;)

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
So, instead of doing a full on "Top n Tilt" for your 3 point hitch, you want to do the "Top" part of it .... you can get 2 rear remotes for B2601's right from new at a dealer. If you go on kubotausa.com and "build" a B2601, when you're on the second step where you choose your options you can choose the 2 rear remote valves. At the end of each valve choice is part numbers in parenthesis .... thats probably the part numbers .... to get both valves installed by a dealer costs around $1100, so they would probably cheaper if u bought it and did it your self. And obviously just one be much cheaper, also. That's just getting hydraulic lines back there. I don't know what hydro links are available.

Last edited:

AndyW

Equipment
2019 B2601 TLB
Jan 24, 2020
Kingston, WA
So, instead of doing a full on "Top n Tilt" for your 3 point hitch, you want to do the "Top" part of it .... you can get 2 rear remotes for B2601's right from new at a dealer. If you go on kubotausa.com and "build" a B2601, when you're on the second step where you choose your options you can choose the 2 rear remote valves. At the end of each valve choice is part numbers in parenthesis .... thats probably the part numbers .... to get both valves installed by a dealer costs around $1100, so they would probably cheaper if u bought it and did it your self. And obviously just one be much cheaper, also. That's just getting hydraulic lines back there. I don't know what hydro links are available.
Thx! So, if you get the factory option with both, its about a $1300 add. However, the parts alone cost over $2000. Definitely going to contact Messicks tomorrow and see what the options are.