Mx5200hst

Ken2step

Equipment
MX5200HST
Mar 22, 2020
Rock, Kansas
I'm a new member and have a question I need help with. I want to buy a hydrualic post hole digger to use on front end loader. i have already got a 3rd function controller that I use for my grapple. Looking around I'm not sure which auger would best suit my tractor. Any other MX5200 owners have this setup already?
Thanks for any replies!
cheers,
Ken

Ken2step

Equipment
MX5200HST
Mar 22, 2020
Rock, Kansas
Front is what I want. The rear is an option if I don't find something that will work on the FEL.What model was that 3pt version you pictured?
Thanks

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Why on the front, as opposed to the rear?

The Land Pride has a guide arm option for a single person to dig post holes, if that is any help.
An excellent reason to have a PHD on the FEL is because you can then apply DOWN pressure.

Ken2step

Equipment
MX5200HST
Mar 22, 2020
Rock, Kansas
Sorry guys for maybe not being clear. I have a 3 point auger want a FEL hydraulic skid steer auger and I was wanting to know if any MX owners had one to give me feed back on how they like it or don't like it. I'm looking at the SA20 from Landplane and wanted to know how they get along with the slower rpm rates that come with my 9-10 gpm flow rate from my MX. Any video I have watched was with a B seriers which is much smaller than my MX. I am sure it will work just wanted to here from an actual user that owns or has used one on a MX.
thanks,
Ken

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Flow for implement can be greatly restricted by a third function valve, as most third function valves are not designed to run a motor load.

You will have to find out the max delivery GPM of the Third function valve.

FYI: Most third function valves are in the 3GPM range.

Fladogman

Feb 1, 2020
Crawfordville Fl
I saw a video on YouTube from Messicks where they demonstrate one designed for a low flow tractor fel 3rd F valve. Sounds like what you are looking for

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ken2step

Equipment
MX5200HST
Mar 22, 2020
Rock, Kansas
Found this information on the 3rd function i have on my tractor:

Valve Body Features:

Solid aluminum housing designed for rugged use
Max Operating Pressure: P = 5080 PSI, T = 3050 PSI, A & B = 5080 PSI
Flow Rating: 15 GPM
Aluminum Body
3000 PSI Rated

My tractor has a 9.5 GPM capacity so I would assume, but don't know for sure, the valve I have would allow whatever my tractor would put out.

Does that sound right to you?

cheers,
Ken

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Found this information on the 3rd function i have on my tractor:

Valve Body Features:

Solid aluminum housing designed for rugged use
Max Operating Pressure: P = 5080 PSI, T = 3050 PSI, A & B = 5080 PSI
Flow Rating: 15 GPM
Aluminum Body
3000 PSI Rated

My tractor has a 9.5 GPM capacity so I would assume, but don't know for sure, the valve I have would allow whatever my tractor would put out.

Does that sound right to you?

cheers,
Ken
Sounds like you're all set then!
Go for it! :D

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
My tractor has a 9.5 GPM capacity...
Not sure if you know this or not, but just to be clear: Your pump capacity is 9.5 GPM, but your power steering uses 4.9 GPM of that pump capacity. And the power steering will consume that flow whether you are using it or not (it just dumps back to tank). In other words, you only have 4.6 GPM available to use for other functions like your 3rd function valve.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Ken2step

Equipment
MX5200HST
Mar 22, 2020
Rock, Kansas
No I did not know that about the power steering pump. I sure wish my dealer knew this stuff :)

When I look at the SA20 from Land Pride web page they show it on a L3901 tractor which from the data sheet shows having a 6.3 gpm capacity.

This is why I'm looking for someone with my setup to get there thoughts. Appreciate all the feed back!!

cheers,
Ken

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not sure if you know this or not, but just to be clear: Your pump capacity is 9.5 GPM, but your power steering uses 4.9 GPM of that pump capacity. And the power steering will consume that flow whether you are using it or not (it just dumps back to tank). In other words, you only have 4.6 GPM available to use for other functions like your 3rd function valve.

No, Total hydraulic flow is 14.37 GPM.
The main hydraulic pump is 9.46 GPM
The Power steering pump is 4.91

So Ken2step, you will be fine running it like I stated before, the MX puts out enough hydraulic flow to do it.

Ken2step

Equipment
MX5200HST
Mar 22, 2020
Rock, Kansas
For those interested here is my findings after talking to Land Pride.

For my MX5200, which depending on whose numbers are correct, should be able to put out at least 8 gpm through my 3rd function. The brochure shows a L3901 running the SA20.

Hi-Flow motor
GPM Auger-RPM Torque lb-ft
8 23 1800
10 29 1813
Med-Flow motor
8 37 1216
10 47 1215
Low-Flow motor
8 47 1023
10 61 999

with this information I'm going to go with the med-flow. In a few weeks after I get it and put it to use I'll post my thoughts.

cheers and thanks everyone for your help,
Ken

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
No, Total hydraulic flow is 14.37 GPM.
The main hydraulic pump is 9.46 GPM
The Power steering pump is 4.91

So Ken2step, you will be fine running it like I stated before, the MX puts out enough hydraulic flow to do it.
I agree you probably know more about it than I do, but I got my numbers from the kubota spec sheet from their literature about the MX series. It says the main pump capacity is 9.5 gpm and the steering requirement is 4.9. I always thought the main pump capacity was the total flow and the steering comes out of that. Am I reading that wrong?
The second picture has the hydraulic part of the spec enlarged so you can see it hopefully. Picture posted from my phone are not always the best.

Last edited:

Ken2step

Equipment
MX5200HST
Mar 22, 2020
Rock, Kansas
Well I'm not sure who is correct on the gpm of the MX5200 but in the near future I'll have the SA20 med-flow and I'll report back how it worked out for me.
Appreciate all the help!

cheers,
Ken

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I agree you probably know more about it than I do, but I got my numbers from the kubota spec sheet from their literature about the MX series. It says the main pump capacity is 9.5 gpm and the steering requirement is 4.9. I always thought the main pump capacity was the total flow and the steering comes out of that. Am I reading that wrong?
The second picture has the hydraulic part of the spec enlarged so you can see it hopefully. Picture posted from my phone are not always the best.
On models like the Bx's, B's, and a limited number of L's the pump is a single section pump that the flow is divided between the steering, the loader, three point or remote valves.
Thus the available pump flow is minus the steering flow amount.

But on some L's and all MX's and all M's they use a two section or two or three separate pumps and they deliver 2 or 3 separate flow amounts.

Also the verbiage is slightly different.
On BX's and B's and some Limited L's they say Total system hydraulic flow
Where on the other L's and the MX's and M's they say each hydraulic flow amount of each system and don't add them up because they don't inter mix the flows.

Does that help clear it up? :p
The available flow on an MX5200 to the loader, three point, and auxiliary spool valves is the 9.46GPM

Last edited: