Rear hydraulic attachments/type on L3901?

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
I'm busy with work (real job), as well as a bit too lazy to go out in the rain and look at my tractor. Being relatively new to implements and attachments, I probably wouldn't know what I'm looking for anyway. I have an opportunity to rent a No Till Drill that comes with "Two hydraulic hoses have pioneer ends with o-ring attachment." I have a 2019 L3901. I can't remember if I have rear hydraulics connectors, and if I do, I wouldn't know what style they might be. Any input?

Thanks!

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You really don't know if you have remotes? You are kidding of course....:D

They are Pioneer, all standard Kubota QD's are.

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
You really don't know if you have remotes? You are kidding of course....:D

They are Pioneer, all standard Kubota QD's are.
Thanks!

:eek: Forgive me as I'm a rookie! And I bought the new toy in December so I have only used the front plow, which does have the 3rd function, so my recent focus has been on the front end of the tractor. I assumed I had some remotes in the back, but as I'm picturing the tractor in my mind, I'm not seeing them in my head. I'm sure I'll walk out and see them right away!

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You will only have rear remotes if you have them put on your tractor when you bought the tractor.

They are optional equipment, and not standard equipment. ;)

Timmer92

Equipment
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
You will only have rear remotes if you have them put on your tractor when you bought the tractor.

They are optional equipment, and not standard equipment. ;)
I wrapped up work and went out to the shed. I have no rear remotes :mad:! I guess I have to decide if this is something I could make more use of or not. Is this something that is easily added or not? Any idea on the cost?

Thanks all.

Last edited:

kubotus maximus

Equipment
L2501hst
Mar 12, 2019
iowa
I think it was close to $1000 for first remote then little less on next one or two. I got mine on a 2501 last year from dealer.

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
this appears to be an active thread and I sure do not want to hi jack it, but I am keenly interested since I would like to have rear remotes on my L 3901. I bet this has been discussed many times and I for one would appreciate some info.

I seen another thread where wolfman suggested going to surplus center. A diagram or parts list sure would be handy, sorry I do not have anything value added, thanks

Timmer92

Equipment
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
this appears to be an active thread and I sure do not want to hi jack it, but I am keenly interested since I would like to have rear remotes on my L 3901.
Hijack away. I'm looking for an excuse to upgrade my tractor. It's an addition!

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Timmer92

I would call your dealer for a quote for the rear remotes. Wolfman forgets how damn smart and experienced he is at this stuff. I do not think it is a job for the inexperienced mechanic to tackle. If you can afford 2 remotes get them but it sounds like you could get away with one remote.

Have the dealer order the parts and call you when to bring the tractor in. That way you will be without the tractor for a shorter period of time.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
...I have to decide if this is something I could make more use of or not. Is this something that is easily added or not?...
Depends on what you need to use your tractor for... If you plan to do much grading dirt / gravel roads. Hydraulic top and side links are great to have.

You can add them yourself but I would recommend factory OEM vs. surplus center; *IF* you have the money and/or want a clean looking install.

I saved money by doing it myself... and it looks like it :D Over the life of the tractor and the resale value, OEM would be worth it but around $1,600 (wild :eek: guess)

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Depends on what you need to use your tractor for... If you plan to do much grading dirt / gravel roads. Hydraulic top and side links are great to have.

You can add them yourself but I would recommend factory OEM vs. surplus center; *IF* you have the money and/or want a clean looking install.

I saved money by doing it myself... and it looks like it :D Over the life of the tractor and the resale value, OEM would be worth it but around $1,600 (wild :eek: guess)
old and tired: Thats exactly why I chimned in, your wild guess was exactly what I was quoted...…$1600.00 plus tax....out the door. Yes, would indeed come in handy adjusting box blade tilt, I use that attach allot. Also good for my log splitter or any attach that requires top link adjustment.

I have had more birthdays than I care to remember, and it would be very convenient to schedule a turn key, but I think there is enough fire in this wood burner I will tackle it. Putting BOMs together and calling surplus center Monday.

FOR the O.P. If this is a new or exceptionally clean tractor previous post was good advice. I am pressing ahead self help cause I worked long and hard for my retirement and want to keep all I can....and I have the time. Little stubborn to :)