Rear 54” Blower BX2680

JayAndrew

Equipment
BX2680 Loader and snow blower
Feb 2, 2019
Woodstock, NB, Canada
Hi,

Last night at approximately 6:00 pm, I decided to leave my blower off the ground in my garage. The blower had lower to the garage floor by morning at around 7:00. I have no idea how long it stayed up, is this normal? Thanks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes the 3 pt will by pass some not always but some,, it is a good idea to drop all implements to floor level when not in use. That takes a load off things

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Normal. If you want to keep things off the concrete, you can use wood blocks.

My great next door neighbor is also my BIL. He insisted I keep the tractor in his brand new barn till it has a place of its own. That was nearly a year! When I parked inside I lowered any metal parts onto 4x4 wood cribbing and threw a tarp under it to catch any drips. I honor his desire to keep things nice, and not leave rust stains from wet snow plows, oil drips etc. on his floor.

JayAndrew

Equipment
BX2680 Loader and snow blower
Feb 2, 2019
Woodstock, NB, Canada
Thanks for the posts. I also contacted my local dealer as well. The tech thinks that it may have gone down too quickly. He had done a test on a new BX tractor on the lot and the blower only dropped a couple inches since Friday and wasn’t on the ground this morning. He’s thinking it might be a valve? He is going to do some trouble shooting and I’m going to call towards the end of the week. As it’s under warranty, no harm having them look into it. I will update when I find out.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
It's always a good idea to lower 3pt implements when not in use but you should be able to close off the 3 pt drop rate valve. That should keep the implement in the air for quite some time. Easily overnight.