COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Actually what happened last week is they reformatted their website, putting surface transmission under another subheading, making it sound like they were de-emphasizing surface contact. In actual fact what they were saying all along is that they have no direct data showing rate of transmission from surfaces. They do know the virus survives on various surfaces for varying lengths of time, and it is possible for someone to touch a surface and then rub their eyes, and get it, but less likely. (Except maybe on a cruise ship. )

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...e-spread-of-covid-19-has-not-changed-cdc-says
I would place a cruise ship right up there with subways, trams, trains and planes and buses. People are packed in like sardines. Unless you spend all your time on deck, your breathing someone else's cooties.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
Well, perhaps we should all look around at people THAT WE KNOW that have died from Covid-19 instead of the "news" that we see or read. When, when we can personally say that people that we actually know have died, then tally up the results. I know of ZERO people who have even taken ill, much less anyone who had died.

I have no appreciation for those who would urinate on my shoes and tell me it is raining.

Over the last two years, we have had more than enough evidence that there are ongoing strategies to ensure that Trump does not get reelected. I mean, all their efforts have failed to remove him from office, so the working public is being offered as a sacrifice now to prevent anyone from voting for him.

Since I find that there are those who ask for double-shots of MSM deception, I don't know what to expect in November.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Well, perhaps we should all look around at people THAT WE KNOW that have died from Covid-19 instead of the "news" that we see or read. When, when we can personally say that people that we actually know have died, then tally up the results. I know of ZERO people who have even taken ill, much less anyone who had died.

I know someone, my good friend's uncle. 52 years old, farmer. No mask, no distancing. Got a fever, went to the doctor, did the test, came back positive, next day in the hospital, following day on a ventilator, 3 days later he croaked. His cremated remains are now pushing up crab grass somewhere.

I have no appreciation for those who would urinate on my shoes and tell me it is raining.

Time to get a female dog. No whizzing on your shoes then...

Over the last two years, we have had more than enough evidence that there are ongoing strategies to ensure that Trump does not get reelected. I mean, all their efforts have failed to remove him from office, so the working public is being offered as a sacrifice now to prevent anyone from voting for him.

Since I find that there are those who ask for double-shots of MSM deception, I don't know what to expect in November.
I don't ascribe to the media blather, never did.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
As far as the covid is politics to scare folks not to vote for Trump. I don't believe
that. I think there are hundreds of reasons other then the virus for people not to vote for Trump. I know lots of republicans who are disappointed with Trumps actions and has lot their votes. I voted for Trump. But I don't teach my kids to call people names and belittle anyone. Its more then childish. Hes our president and acts like a college flunky. The office of the president is a joke now. Never in all my years would I ever expect Gerald Ford , Jimmy Carter , Ronald Regan or any president act like such a jerk. I pray another person will step forward to run but I don't see it happening. Mike Pence would be a great choice for the office as people would respect him. Once you've lost respect for someone its hard to see more then their faults.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
As far as the covid is politics to scare folks not to vote for Trump. I don't believe
that. I think there are hundreds of reasons other then the virus for people not to vote for Trump. I know lots of republicans who are disappointed with Trumps actions and has lot their votes. I voted for Trump. But I don't teach my kids to call people names and belittle anyone. Its more then childish. Hes our president and acts like a college flunky. The office of the president is a joke now. Never in all my years would I ever expect Gerald Ford , Jimmy Carter , Ronald Regan or any president act like such a jerk. I pray another person will step forward to run but I don't see it happening. Mike Pence would be a great choice for the office as people would respect him. Once you've lost respect for someone its hard to see more then their faults.
I agree but the alternative is much worse. Plugs Biden is a bigger joke than Trump could ever hope to be. Don't need 4 more years of Obama's philosophy and that is EXACTLY what Biden is.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Why are you guys trashing Bearbaits thread with heavy political stuff?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Here is a link to a useful article describing the rationale for universal masking. It includes references with live free links to the original research articles. Basically there is both droplet transmission and aerosol (smaller particles) transmission.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/05/27/science.abc6197.full
Non infected people dont transmit covid through droplet or aerosol so wearing a mask is completely useless.

Can you point us to a study that tests healthy people and their ability to transmit a virus by droplet or aerosol?

People that are sick with Covid, Yep they should wear a mask.

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Read the article and follow up the research articles.
I read the first part where the scientists are from California and China and that was enough for me.

Did you see my post earlier where the fear of covid got people all nuts to the point of having a girl take her underwear off to use them as a face mask in an effort to comply with the rules?

This fearmongering, however subtle like in your opinion article, has made people CRAZY.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Non infected people dont transmit covid through droplet or aerosol so wearing a mask is completely useless.

Can you point us to a study that tests healthy people and their ability to transmit a virus by droplet or aerosol?

The first statement (highlighted in blue) is true. However, can you determine beyond a shadow of a doubt, when someone IS infected and then follow your third statement......"People that are sick with Covid, Yep they should wear a mask."?

The challenge seems to be the time someone is infected until they recognized there are infected could cause many (perhaps hundreds) to be infected. Isn't that the purpose of wearing mask, to prevent that group from being infected?

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/34-states-had-higher-death-rate-from-2018-flu-than-coronavirus/

I wonder if the Wuhan pneumonia is just "different" from the other seasonal flus.

New? Certainly, And targets the aged while skipping the young...

The "curve" over the changing season will be interesting.
If it returns in the fall, on TOP OF the four other significant seasonal flu types. There is going to be some major soul searching for many countries.

How is it that India is getting such a light run?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
The first statement (highlighted in blue) is true. However, can you determine beyond a shadow of a doubt, when someone IS infected and then follow your third statement......"People that are sick with Covid, Yep they should wear a mask."?

The challenge seems to be the time someone is infected until they recognized there are infected could cause many (perhaps hundreds) to be infected. Isn't that the purpose of wearing mask, to prevent that group from being infected?
Yeah I realize this, its obvious, but its a "possibility" that someone is infected not a certainty and we as a society cant keep losing freedoms because of possibilities.

What is CERTAIN is that a non infected person cant spread what they dont have. What is also certain is we are never told the truths about anything in realtime and history has shown us that we over react, look at gun control after shootings for an example.

The people who manipulate know exactly what emotional strings to pull. We are going to find out later on that this thing was a new flu that didnt have the impact on life that was predicted and the reaction to it is what caused the most problems.

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/34-states-had-higher-death-rate-from-2018-flu-than-coronavirus/

I wonder if the Wuhan pneumonia is just "different" from the other seasonal flus.

If it returns in the fall, on TOP OF the four other significant seasonal flu types. There is going to be some major soul searching for many countries.

I posted up a cdc death rate chart several pages back that showed 2018 flu season death rate as higher than the current (last week) covid included death rate.

Nobody died of regular strains of flu this season apparently.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Guess it all depends on if you contract it or not and far as kids go, they get it too. We had a couple deaths in adolescent children here already. It tends to infect and kill older folks with pre existing conditions however. That's me so I'm being cautious. 45 confirmed and 3 deaths in our little farm town already.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

The other issue is, you have no idea who is asymptomatic (infectious) or not because of the lack of bulk testing of the population, something I put squarely on the government. The Federal government should be testing every citizen to determine who is infectious, who has immunity and who is at risk.

In my view, the mask is a courteous thing. The mask won't keep you from contracting it 100%. It will help if the wearer is infectious as it keeps the aerosols contained. So does social distancing. I practice both but then I'm not overly friendly anyway. I am with my close friends but thats it. If I don't know you, stay the hell away from me. I'm not about to contract it if I can avoid it. How I roll.

Key word here is WHO. Who is infectious, who isn't. Who is infected and will wind up in the hospital and who is but will only have a mild case because they have the ability to fight it off without medical intervention.

All comes right back on the lack of bulk testing and contact tracing.

With me, it has nothing to do with politics, or the mainstream media, or the fake news or anything else except what is in my world.

Like I said previously, my good friend lost his uncle (52 years old, no pre existing medial condition) to Covid in 4 days flat.

Finally, no matter what any news outlet says or who parrots the blather, this is all brought to you by the Chinese Government. Still the Wuhan Flu no matter how you look at it. They lied and were deceitful and the WHO backed them up.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Probably because of pretty serious quarentining and the fact that a lot of those areas have all kinds of viruses coming and going regularly, that may (wild guess) infer some immunity to SARS-COV2.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

As D2 pointed out, the problem is telling "healthy" uninfected people from infected but asymptomatic people who can transmit the virus to others. Barring testing everyone every day (which happens only in the West Wing of the White House), the only thing we can do to try to limit the spread throughout the population is to practice social distancing and mask wearing.

Here are two studies. The first describes people who had no symptoms, but had virus in their noses and pharynx, where it could be coughed or breathed on someone.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2766237

https://thorax.bmj.com/content/early/2020/05/27/thoraxjnl-2020-215091

In the second study, someone who was asymptomatic must have gotten on board the ship at the beginning of the cruise, despite their efforts to exclude folks that had been in China etc, and to temperature check, and then it spread throughout the ship. The first symptomatic case did not occur until they had been at sea for 8 days. Subsequently 81% of the pcr positive passengers were asymptomatic. In this case they made a lot of efforts to limit spread, but were unsuccessful. My first guess is that in small confined spaces with possibly linked ventilation systems, virus spread by aerosols would be high.

The pcr test (polymerase chain reaction) is done with a nasal swab to sample mucus in the back of the nose. If viral RNa is found in your snot it is likely you could transmit it by breathing, coughing, etc. If 81% (in this one population) are asymptomatic, they can unknowingly spread the virus. Hence the reason for everyone wearing masks. You could could catch the virus one day, begin to shed the virus on about day 4, and be asymptomatic for another week, and then maybe develop symptoms.

Notice in the second paper they used two tests, one of which, the "rapid" test, was unreliable, and gave false negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.