Quick Hitch ?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I have a Quick Hitch. It sits in the corner of shop where it’s out of the way because I got tired of tripping over it.

QH’s at first seemed like they’d be Quite Handy. But the problem is they actually don’t fit a many attachments as one might suppose.

In my case, I first wanted to switch between a shredder and a box blade. I thought this would be easy. But the problem was the shredder needed a different length top-link than the box blade and the box blade top-link requires frequent adjustments anyway, as well as the lift arms in order to accomodate “crown” or “slant” on the road or whatever surface is being bladed. Gotta get on/off/on/off many times anyway so the QH didn’t save any time and wasn’t convenient due to the lift-arm width-settings were different between the two implements.

Then, I bought a Finish Mower. And a Post Hole Digger. The PHD Will NOT WORK AT ALL Because the QH won’t hold the implement steady and the PHD flops around everywhere. The Finish Mower and shredder both require a loose/long top link to accommodate uneven ground or the support arms will bend on both mowers. The QH will not adapt to that.

For a QH to work as intended and in order to remain convenient you must have near-identical 3-point implements that do NOT need any flexible movement. Before wasting money on it, be certain your implements are QH compatible (and most likely will need to be the same mfr’r.)

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I agree with all of the above. I do have a quick hitch and it works great between my bush hog and finish mower--the two most used implements I own. But it is useless with the PHD.

HOWEVER, the time it takes to remove it when it cannot be used is about 30 seconds. So for me it is perfect.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What’s the brand name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine are all generic, no name models, they work fine and dandy, I have one that's mounted to an SSQA plate and is used on my skid steer to use and move tractor implements around.

All of my implements have been made to be QH compatible, yes besides my PHD, but for the one time a year I need that, it's not that big of a deal to unhook the QH.

Geohorn, A hydraulic top link would cure your issue with the constant adjustment issue, and with a BOX blade makes it 100 times for efficient.

A QH is to some a blessing and to others a burden it up to you to decide. ;)

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Mine are all generic, no name models, they work fine and dandy, I have one that's mounted to an SSQA plate and is used on my skid steer to use and move tractor implements around.

All of my implements have been made to be QH compatible, yes besides my PHD, but for the one time a year I need that, it's not that big of a deal to unhook the QH.

Geohorn, A hydraulic top link would cure your issue with the constant adjustment issue, and with a BOX blade makes it 100 times for efficient.

A QH is to some a blessing and to others a burden it up to you to decide. ;)
I have quite a few implements, those that are not quick hitch compatible will be modified to fit as soon as the weather warms up. My interest now is to investigate the possibilities of installing a hydraulic top link to my L3301

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have quite a few implements, those that are not quick hitch compatible will be modified to fit as soon as the weather warms up. My interest now is to investigate the possibilities of installing a hydraulic top link to my L3301
Do you already have rear remotes?

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
sure have mine is tractor mounted nearly all the time if you are getting one make sure it has an adjustable top hook.. i have to adjust between snowblower and tiller once adjusted for blower next is for tiller in spring works for me and many others

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
I have a Harbor Freight brand QH on my B series, love it.

Had a finish mower for years, worked just fine with the QH - the poster above that says that they don't, guess it depends on brand. Mine was a Land Pride and it worked perfectly.

Box blade, bush hog, my little disc - all fit up with the QH without any major issues. I had to do some mods on the box blade connection because it is an old blade that was never designed for one, but didn't take much for it to work.

With all of them I use the adapters that slide over your pins so the QH holds onto them better with little play - makes a huge difference in how steady and useful the QH and equipment are.

Godaddy

Equipment
m7060
Feb 5, 2020
usa
Does anyone know by chance if a QH 15 from LandPride will fit Cat 2 lift arms? Could not tell from spec sheet on the LandPride web site.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One major advantage that the Rural King model has is that it has an adjustable top hook, where the Land Pride QH20 has a fixed top hook.

It's not a big deal if you set all of your implements up to the same proper pin heights, I've done that with mine and I never have to move them around.

OLD GAR

Equipment
MF210, FORD 8N, BIG TEX CH18,
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
My problem with the one from Harbor Freight was it would fit one or two implements but was too narrow for some others. It is laying in the weeds somewhere.

tor

Jun 25, 2009
SC
Use a QH on my MX5200. When I first got it, I could only use it on two implements. Used my Lincoln MiG to change the rest of the implements (8 of them) to make them fit the QH. No reason to have a QH if you can't use it on all your implements.