BX23S Rear Remote kit

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Just had a call from my orange dealer.
They have just fitted the factory rear remote kit to a new BX23S (80 series) and if I wanted to come down and take a look it will be shipping out thu next week.

What they said was they used the rear remote kit from the BX2380.
Everything fits except for the outlets.
IE the spool and handles all fit as per the 2380.
The issue was the coupling mount and hard lines interfere with the seat.
What the have done is mad up flexible lines to replace the hard lines and mount the couplets on the outside of the ROPS.

Im heading down there early next week and will take some pics.

I have read reports of the BH frame support interfering with the spool mounting but this no longer seems to be the case.

I asked them if the had to modify the frame support and the answer was no.
It is possible we have a slightly different frame support here in OZ as out BX23S is a BX23S-AU model. I thought the difference was we got a factory 4in1 bucket but that might not be the case.

While im there I will get the part numbers for the kit the used and the frame support so you can compare the differences in other markets.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Good info to know! Yes, post ALL part numbers that were used for the install. Do post lots of pictures too!
I own a 2017 BX23s, and i`m very interested in the rear remotes. Now wishing i`d had it done before i brought it home when i bought it brand new.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Mine is a BX23S-AU about 1 year old.

At the time I purchased the answer was no to the remotes. Either something has changed in the kit or they just worked it out.
Im guessing a bit of both because I did try a kit and it interfered with the frame support.
At the time I worked out I could modify it but the kit price was to high to bother.

I only really needed a top link so I mounted a power beyond single spool on the top link and plug into the BH connections. This works well as you get used to reaching behind the seat to use the BH controls.

Im considering the kit and will report back after I have seen the install next week. Price is till high to have the integrated levers.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
I had a look at the kit that was fitted but I could not get a good pic of the valve behind the tyre.

No issues with the levers or the valve fitted to the trans.

They did not use the hard lines from the valve to the rear remotes.
The lines have trouble with the backhoe frame support and would stop the seat rotating near the rops.

To get around this they made 4 flex lines that routed along the frame support.
The remotes were placed on the outside of the ropes by reversing the bracket with the flex lines connecting to this.

A new bracket was same from 3mm steel to attache the coupler bracket and relocate the turn signal up a bit higher. This allowed the flex lines to go around the back and miss the tail light.

The lever in the stock position are nice and all in all it a good solution.
I could see with a bit of time spent new hard lines could be made to make it all a bit nicer looking. But the kit is $700Aud. Thats pricey and it sill needs some fab for the bracket and lines made. So no change from about $1KAud

In comparison mu current solution cost abut $250.
Im tossing up getting a kit but having trouble with the price. In saying that
which way would I go. Id probably order it with a new tractor but im happy with what I have for now.

What I did was mount a power beyond single spool on the top link ram. This has the three lines to connect to the BH connections. Im used to reaching around to use the BH so the handle behind the seat is no issue for me.
Im also only really using it with box blade so its not an issue.

At this point ill will stick with what I have but want the remote kit. The tipping point for me will be is I need the second remote (ie add tilt). That would make me get it. But for the price I can have a nice attachment in stead.

Oh yaeh the part number for the kit is BX2419. The dealer also said you get the parts without the lines as
U96300 (Valve block)
U96400 (Levers)

Did not get a price on this though

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Here is my setup.

I just use the power beyond connections for the BH with a valve mounted to the ram.

To mount the valve to the valve I just pressed the top of some 50x50 SHS to curve it to shape of the ram. I then welded some plate on top to bolt the valve to. To attache the SHS to the ram I slotted the sides and used a pair of hose clamps.

The spool valve is an open centre power beyond. Its a 60 gpm unit which is bigger than I needed but was the right price.
All the hoses are 1/4 in and the ram is a 1.5in rod. This works well and no need to slow it down.

I had trouble finding a ram to replicate the OEM top link. My top link measures 13 closed and 20.4in open. I could get a 13in ram but they dont have the stroke top open to 20.4in. So I went with a 14in ram and extended the top mount on the box blade.

I thought of making longer lower links but did not want to reduce the capacity.

Anyway some pics enclosed. Ive also moved the power connection under the valve and rotated the valve on the ram after taking these pics. This was to stop the handle hitting the seat and to take some bend out of the power line.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
PS "Bender" in the background is my mailbox that is being repaired.

Attached is a pic before I pulled it out for repairs.
The eyes and mouth are back lit at night
When an object approaches they go to full brightness.

The head also rotates. When a object approaches the head turns to look at them then tracks their movement.

Mounted behind the mouth are a pair of radar sensors and a light sensor allowing me to do the lights and tracking of the head.

Mud wasps managed to get onto the head mucking up the gears and the electronics. Hence "Bender" is in hospital!!

Not long after I removed him I got some get well cards from the local school kids wishing him a speedy recovery. Its good to live in the country!!

Attachments

Last edited:

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
You need a laugh in life

Not that I'm a big fan of the show was just think what would make a good mailbox and the belly has plenty of size
It stands 2m high

Main body is in steel, head is fibreglass. Arms are fibreglass with a steel core.

Also makes it easy for deliveries, "driveway with the bender mailbox"

Bulldog78

Equipment
Bx23s
Sep 27, 2021
Glenpool OK
Here is my setup.

I just use the power beyond connections for the BH with a valve mounted to the ram.

To mount the valve to the valve I just pressed the top of some 50x50 SHS to curve it to shape of the ram. I then welded some plate on top to bolt the valve to. To attache the SHS to the ram I slotted the sides and used a pair of hose clamps.

The spool valve is an open centre power beyond. Its a 60 gpm unit which is bigger than I needed but was the right price.
All the hoses are 1/4 in and the ram is a 1.5in rod. This works well and no need to slow it down.

I had trouble finding a ram to replicate the OEM top link. My top link measures 13 closed and 20.4in open. I could get a 13in ram but they dont have the stroke top open to 20.4in. So I went with a 14in ram and extended the top mount on the box blade.

I thought of making longer lower links but did not want to reduce the capacity.

Anyway some pics enclosed. Ive also moved the power connection under the valve and rotated the valve on the ram after taking these pics. This was to stop the handle hitting the seat and to take some bend out of the power line.