BF300 FEL wedge bolts

Kmuz700

Equipment
B8200
Jan 19, 2020
North Haven, CT
Hey guys, we are currently working on a B8200 we just picked up, had to remove the loader so we can make some repairs to the bucket and hydraulics...Upon doing this my dad discovered the wedge bolts in very poor shape, one of them had to be cut...i looked up Kubotas part number pretty quickly (70761-56190), only to find that they want $125 each to replace them, a bit to steep if you ask me...Anyway, before we go about fabricating new ones, does anyone know of a more reasonably priced wedge bolt that fits, or a place that even carries a variety of them we can match up?

Thanks guys!

IMG_1156.jpg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't know of any aftermarket ones that anybody has ever used on other loaders.

If you are going to make your own, I'm pretty sure those are hardened parts, so soft bolts and wedges could fail! ;)

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I don't know of any aftermarket ones that anybody has ever used on other loaders.

If you are going to make your own, I'm pretty sure those are hardened parts, so soft bolts and wedges could fail! ;)
Where exactly do they go? Never seen them on the loaders on my M9's.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
They are wedges that go through the lower end of the loader towers and pin the towers to the pockets they set in.

They'd be pretty easy to make, and they should be pulled up tight with the nut on the threaded portion. If they are tight I can't see why they'd need to be made of a wear resistant steel. There is no movement at all, as the wedge doesn't allow any.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Went out in the barn and looked at one of my M9's. Nothing there. The 'towers' direct bolt to the subframe on the tractor.

Picture please?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think there were only a very few really older model loaders that used that wedge bolt design.
Most don't know they are there as they probably have never taken the loader off without also pulling off the mounts.

Kmuz700

Equipment
B8200
Jan 19, 2020
North Haven, CT
welp, aside from the bolts, running into other issues...after removing the loader from the tractor we decided to pull all the hydraulics and have them gone through, the lift cylinders were leaking quite a bit, and the hoses were all in poor shape...So all the new hoses were made up, control valve was rebuilt, and 2 of the 4 cylinders have been rebuilt so far...however the 2 main lift cylinders refuse to come apart. They are the type that you need to push the collar down to get the circlip out, and it wont budge. Hydraulic shop was looking into possibly having to replace the cylinders, but said they may be a difficult size to find because of the metric eyelets. Anyone replaced these cylinders before without going OEM Kubota? Also gonna take the cylinders home and see if i can get them apart, but i fear that if they are that stubborn, its from water sitting inside the bottom of the cylinders, corroding them. Id also consider used OEM cylinders, even if they need to be rebuilt, if someone has a couple.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
We have two local hydraulic shops we use for equipment at work, and a REAL hardware store that can make hydraulic hoses. The hydraulic shops have done repair work on bucket trucks and other equipment, and have also made pumps/motors/cylinders for an application I designed in-house for lifting and winding large cable reels. It was a simple matter of sending them drawings, reel weights, measurements and how many pounds of pull needed on the winder. They worked it out from there and could have made up the cylinders with anything we wanted on each end.

I'd think any good shop could make or modify cylinders to suit your needs if it came to that.