COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
During a ceremony to see off the Naval hospital ship USNS Comfort from Norfolk, Virginia, President Donald Trump reiterated he will make a decision “very quickly, very shortly” on whether to place a quarantine on parts of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to help battle coronavirus.

In his various comments Saturday on the possibility of quarantines, Trump has not detailed exactly which areas would be covered.

The President did say in a tweet that he is considering putting a quarantine on “hot spots” in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut; seeming to indicate it would be the portions of the states seeing the largest outbreaks.

In his speech in Norfolk, Trump said that “this does not apply to people such as truckers from outside the New York area who are making deliveries or simply transiting through. It won't affect trade in any way.”

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Isaw that NY state has over 50% of teh 120K CV19 cases ! Locking down the state sounds like a smart move...before more of it can freely move out of state...and spread like wildfire..

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Due to extensive community transmission of COVID -19 in the area, CDC urges residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut to refrain from non-essential domestic travel for 14 days effective immediately. This Domestic Travel Advisory does not apply to employees of critical infrastructure industries, including but not limited to trucking, public health professionals, financial services, and food supply. These employees of critical infrastructure, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security (https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidance-essential-critical-infrastructure-workforceexternal icon), have a special responsibility to maintain normal work schedules. The Governors of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut will have full discretion to implement this Domestic Travel Advisory.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We're VERY rural, but only 3-4 hour drive from NYC/Metro NY/NJ.

Have a lot of property owners here from that area with hunting camps, summer homes, etc.

Lot of them coming up our way to get away from the higher-outbreak areas.

While also rural, we're also predominately older and poorer.

It's causing some neighbor issues....

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
We're VERY rural, but only 3-4 hour drive from NYC/Metro NY/NJ.

Have a lot of property owners here from that area with hunting camps, summer homes, etc.

Lot of them coming up our way to get away from the higher-outbreak areas.

While also rural, we're also predominately older and poorer.

It's causing some neighbor issues....
Wife and I have been isolated for 8 1/2 years now living out of our cottage since we retired. No one around us for miles but no one is safe. All it would take is being in the wrong place at the wrong time when we have to go for groceries. All we can do is keep our heads in the game when we have to go out, wear gloves and use sanitizer when we're out and when we first get home. Beyond that if we're gonna get it, not much we can do. Shouldn't stress over something you have no control over. I will admit, I'm much better with that my wife. Be safe my friend along with everyone else.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I remember after 9/11, I saw more flags being flown then on the 4th of July. I'm just putting this out here. We are again under attack by a enemy we cannot see and is more deadly. I urge everyone to fly the flag and spread the word to all social media's. Fly your flag. We need to be united more than ever.
Stay well. Stay home.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mine flys 24/7/365, so you remember Jimmi Hendrix or the TV show

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Sorry folks but I've gotta rant. Where I come from it was a code that you don't rat on other people. Now I'm not talking major, major crimes, I'm just talkin' run of the mill everyday stuff. Is it just me or is there way more idiots in the world than what I thought. All over the news, everyone that you talk to it's all about self isolation. Then when you go out to get groceries or turn on the news there's still people out there shoulder to shoulder or if you talk to a friend they know of someone that just got back from a trip but they're not practicing self isolation, what gives? Is it coming to the point where it's going to be wrong not to rat on other people that are putting our health in jeopardy? Please someone make them understand this is not a game, short term pain for long term gain for all of us.:mad::mad:

jabloomf1230

Equipment
B 3200
Sep 28, 2014
Voorheesville, NY
Why not enough supplies?

Past actions like this in 2015

(quote)

And we also discovered evidence from a New York State Health Department important report on why the decision was made to reject purchasing emergency ventilators.

The extra ventilators were not purchased due to funding concerns.

Page 30 of 272 pages.

The Cuomo Administration rejected the purchase of the ventilators and as The New York Times reported they focused on lotteries and death panels instead.

(end quote) https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...tead-invested-in-boondoggle-solar-panel-farm/

This is the FIRST real global threat since WW2, No one thought it would happen.

human nature....

Someone actually took the time to track down and fact check your Cuomo story:

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Churchill-Amid-coronavirus-crisis-a-dishonest-15167103.php

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Someone actually took the time to track down and fact check your Cuomo story:

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Churchill-Amid-coronavirus-crisis-a-dishonest-15167103.php
I'll bite

(quote)
Sure, Cuomo could have read the report at the time and decided to immediately stockpile all the ventilators New York needed for a worst-case scenario. But would it have been feasible or rational to do so? I put the question to Stewart.

***8220;The fact that no states have done it, the federal government hasn***8217;t done it, and no other countries have done it speaks to its feasibility,***8221; he said, citing the prohibitive purchase and maintenance costs, among other factors. (end quote)

So "some other POTUS should have told Cuomo to buy the equipment? It was before Trumps time.

But now it is the present administrations fault that the respirators are deemed insufficient?

To phrase Catch 22, "I would be a fool to think any different.

A Foolish blame game.

Last edited by a moderator:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The point is,, who cares who is to blame,,, right now we have a problem we need to face that first, and put the blame where ever after this is over

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Monday morning quarterbacks are always 100% right. With today's information, it's easy to say what should have been done two weeks or two years ago. Today is today with today's information. The only correct step is to step forward.....together.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
The point is,, who cares who is to blame,,, right now we have a problem we need to face that first, and put the blame where ever after this is over
I fully agree!

I'm just tired of hearing the present admin is to blame for everything.
MSM is so one sided, It's like the Dems just don't want to share the sand box.
Oh well. Push back.

here is a useful data source compliments of CDC.gov
https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/mortality.html

about 3000 persons perish each week of flu and pneumonia each week even without Covid-19

Last edited:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Not everyone is sick that dies.

In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion, there are over 3,000 abortions per day. Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies in the USA (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Not everyone is sick that dies.

In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion, there are over 3,000 abortions per day. Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies in the USA (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion.
This week a judge ruled against Tx & 2 other states ruling abortion clinics are " essential medical treatment " during this pandemic . Wouldn't these doctors/nurses services be better used treating C19 patients ?
if too political please delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.