Found this site today

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have seen the products in various catalogs but never talked to anyone that had tried any of them??

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
Friend of mine has the metal clamp style and it's so-so. Better are the BG16 or BG19 brush grubber chains, those work great. I've got the BG16 and used it regularly until I put a pirhana bar on my loader...and it's been collecting dust ever since lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have one and I think it works great. You can't take a large tree, but small ones come out nice and easy especially when you get it low and either raise the bucket or curl it.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
My mother in law uses a pallet puller used to slide pallets to the tail gate of a truck trailer. Works well..

She also has a chain tool like the BG 24 made out of several V bar truck tire cross chains.. Also works well, but then she has an 85 hp tractor.. Something is going to move when she hooks onto them..

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
It looks dangerous to me. If that thing “pops” off the brush the tool might sling itself toward the operator. :confused:

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I have a pallet puller that I use on trees from 1"-3" diameter and it works pretty good. Sometimes will rip the bark off but typically bites down after that. It's a good tool when you have a helper on the ground to hook it back up if it slips off.

If I'm working alone, a chain with a choker hook (not your typical slip hook) is my go-to choice. I also have taken a long chain 20', wrapped it around one trunk, then over to another and another and can get 3 trees on one pull. It's nice because they pop out sequentially and not all at once.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I have the brush grubber HD - worked great pulling roots and saplings up to around 2" (anything bigger and the loader hydraulics would bypass) The harder you pull, the tighter it pinches. The spring pre-tensions the jaw until you start pulling

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I've had great luck with a 10' length of steel cable, 5/32" I think it was, got it for nothing off a used car lot that was being torn down. It was stung from poles to hold lights. A loop on one end, and a slip hook on the other, it would choke up very tight and almost never slipped. But it was a pain to use, if you are pulling a lot of brush, just too much off and on and rigging involved. BUT, I'd still go that route before buying something that I really doubt works any better

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Brushgrubber.com
Thanks for posting that. I had been thinking about how handy one of those might be if you could open the jaws without dismounting. I had not seen the bucket grabber. I ordered the larger bucket grabber to bolt on my bh bucket. I don't like the idea of clamping one on the loader bucket edge. I've seen a few reviews of them not being strong enough. I thought I'd try it and if the concept works, build a beefed up version if the original isn't up to the task.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
The pallet puller my MIL uses is very similar to the grip tool in post #9...
Again.. When she hooks up to something, things move.. The first being me.

chuck99z28

Premium Member

Equipment
BX23s
Aug 13, 2019
Virginia
How do you keep it from slipping off between when you put it on the tree and when you pull with the tractor? I don't have any helpers and do everything alone. Will it stay clamped on its own?

I have a pair of those large tree "tongs" to put logs up the hill. But its nearly impossible to do it alone. I have a winch on my truck with a wireless remote, where I can hold the tongs on and take up slack on the winch until it grips. But I can't get my truck into half my property. My BX23s gets into places the truck can't.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
They have a spring that pulls the tongs together. You have to manually spread the tongs to slip them on the tree, when you let go, it clamps down enough to hold untill you start pulling on it. I have a small and large one. Does really help if you have someone to do the clamping.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
How do you keep it from slipping off between when you put it on the tree and when you pull with the tractor? I don't have any helpers and do everything alone. Will it stay clamped on its own?

I have a pair of those large tree "tongs" to put logs up the hill. But its nearly impossible to do it alone. I have a winch on my truck with a wireless remote, where I can hold the tongs on and take up slack on the winch until it grips. But I can't get my truck into half my property. My BX23s gets into places the truck can't.
I put some long shoulder bolts on my pallet puller, found a spring that was the ideal size, then cut a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe that fit nicely over the spring. I put the shoulder bolts through the hooks on the spring so that it will hold the jaws closed around the tree.