Lesco / Classen 48" Aerator & BX2380 Issue

Chocolyle

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 15, 2020
Manchester, CT USA
Hoping for some advice, I picked up a very nice Lesco core aerator yesterday, a LS4800 tow or 3 point. I need to replace the tines but wanted to give is a quick try.

When on the 3 point it barely touched the ground. I tried to extend the top point as far as it would go and it might go in the turf about 3/4". Messick's suggested the Petes EZ Change Links would add 3" It ids the first time using the 3PT for an attachment other than the Heavy Hitch weight bracket.

Any suggestions?

I have also read in the past that some are running longer tines than stock. Any links for those?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Does your tractor have a second set of holes in the lower three point arms? I'm not sure if BX tractors have that option. If the 3 point arms are bottomed out on the frame, then the only thing I could see you doing is as your dealer told you. Maybe an inexpensive Tractor supply quick hitch would give you enough?

Also, are you sure that the 3 pt valve and deck height are on the correct settings?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may be able to modify the implement with a second set of attachment points set higher on the implement so you can lower it more.

You may want to be sure the implement was actually not being held up by the ground ( was it actually able to go lower in soft ground.

Drive the rear wheels up onto a 4x and see how low the implement can hang?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chocolyle

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 15, 2020
Manchester, CT USA
I checked it tonight, it is the 3point just does not go down enough for it. Need to figure out plan B. I have a quick attach for the 3 point and was hoping it would do the trick since using the Pat's EZ drops it 3" supposedly, no go.

Chocolyle

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 15, 2020
Manchester, CT USA
So this might help someone else someday, I fixed the issue.

I removed the lower arms and drilled another hole in each arm exactly 2" closer to the tractor. Not a machinist, hand drill and stepped through bits small to the right size and took my time.

Now the lowest the arms will go is about 3" off of the ground versus about 8" or 9". Perfect.Upper travel is reduced very little too. Will replaced the cotter pins with quick pins so can adjust is needed at another time.

Slomo928

Equipment
BX 25D, MMM, LandPride Grapple, Bush Hog
Oct 29, 2017
Cape Charles, Virginia
I rebuilt a similar unit a year ago. I was able to purchase the coring tubes on Amazon. The bearings were frozen but a combination of heat and anti seize loosened them up. I heavily lubed the bearings with grease and they have worked fine. I bought mine out of a field for $100, but put about $150 in parts in the unit. I add three lengths of railroad rail for extra weight. It does a great job.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
So this might help someone else someday, I fixed the issue.

I removed the lower arms and drilled another hole in each arm exactly 2" closer to the tractor. Not a machinist, hand drill and stepped through bits small to the right size and took my time.

Now the lowest the arms will go is about 3" off of the ground versus about 8" or 9". Perfect.Upper travel is reduced very little too. Will replaced the cotter pins with quick pins so can adjust is needed at another time.
Good solution. Looks like it will take away some of the lift capacity of the 3PH, but you can easily put the lift arms back in the original holes if more lift capacity is needed. As is now, the arms will also lift higher at the ends as well.