radiator problem

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
So far this year, I have lost 2 radiators to what appears to have been manufacturing flaws. One (L4600) was replaced under warranty. At the time the tractor had 300 hours and the lower tank separated. The other (L3240) separated at the upper tank. There is no visible indication of damage ie: sticks etc. This one cost me an engine rebuild. The L3240 has a little over 800 hours. I don't feel as though I am entitled to engine warranty in that the temp gauge was still doing it's job and the warranty time has passed. . My question is, does anyone know of a known issue with current model Kubota radiators? I need to know whether or not to pursue a radiator warranty claim or go ahead and pay the $400.00 for a new radiator.

Thanks, Mike

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would pursue the claim if it were me, that's way to young for those kinds of failures! ;)

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Thanks Wolfman. Yeah it only makes sense to ask. Over the past 25 years I have bought 3 or 4 Kubota machines per year on average. I have made very few warranty claims. I imagine they will give me mercy even if I don't deserve justice.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
If you buy "3 or 4 Kubota machines per year on average" , if your dealer has 1/2 a brain they will make it right! :)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I've had some issues with other equipment. I've found that I have more radiator failures if the manufacturer solid mounts them. Then your dealing with vibration causing the tank separation. On a few occasions with low hours, I was able to email the vendor picture's of the failure and have gotten them to send me a new one :cool: It doesn't hurt to ask your dealer if they would cover it with such low hours :)