adding fuse(s) into factory fuse block, not add-a-fuse

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
In my B2650 there is a fuse block with unused fuse spots but no power to them. Power comes in via wire and then connects to the metal bar that links between each slot on that supply feed.

Is there a way to connect to this bar?

I know I can add an additional fuse block/power distribution point, which I have done for the rear accessories, but would like to be able to utilize the empty spots.

It is possible that the wire is sized for the factory loads and adding to it could overload that supply wire, I get that. For now it is just some LED lights and I would keep the load in mind before adding much, if anything, else.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Have you checked if that bar has power when the tractor is on?

Google "kubota b2650 wiring diagram". Look for the fuses connected to that bar and see where they are powered from.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Sorry I dont know the specifics of your machine, your best bet is to unbolt the fuse box to see what you have available and what you need. Usually you will find an AUX port that is unused on the bus. If clips are missing you might have a hard time sourcing the correct parts without part numbers.

At one time I was looking for a supplier of some of the wiring harness quick connectors to make up a custom wiring harness but had no luck sourcing the components with the part numbers stamped on the parts.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Have you checked if that bar has power when the tractor is on?

Google "kubota b2650 wiring diagram". Look for the fuses connected to that bar and see where they are powered from.
It's not a matter of an unoccupied powered spot.

It is spots with no power supplies to them. No bar in those slots and I was thinking of adding into this bar.

Mark64

Equipment
BX2380, LA344s, BX2822, RCK54
Sep 12, 2019
Saginaw, MN
I found what appears to be the same thing on eBay, I can't post the link but if you do a search on "DELPHI - 12020321" you can get a 10 pack for $5.99 shipped.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Not sure what type connector your fuse block uses, but I bought some connectors from Del City the snapped right into the vacant spot on my BX's fuse block.

https://www.delcity.net/store/1!way-Fuse-Block-Terminal/p_11128.h_26861

If those would work I can send you a few, I bought 20 and only needed four of them.
I'm in need of a different, or way to connect to existing, buss bar(for lack of better term).

I don't have the ANYTHING in the unused spots in the fuse block.

I think it will just be easier to add another fuse block near the factory one or use the one I added back by the seat.

Thanks to all that have replied. I just don't seem to find what I am after.

Mark64

Equipment
Sep 12, 2019
Saginaw, MN
I did get the ones from eBay and worked with a little tweaking, there is a bent guide on them that doesn't exactly align.

I have a BX2380 and am now using one of the open fuse slots. It took more time to find a hot wire to connect into, would have really appreciated it if there would have been a buss bar or some other common switched hot.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I did get the ones from eBay and worked with a little tweaking, there is a bent guide on them that doesn't exactly align.

I have a BX2380 and am now using one of the open fuse slots. It took more time to find a hot wire to connect into, would have really appreciated it if there would have been a buss bar or some other common switched hot.
Where did you end up getting an ignition switched hot from to feed the new slot?

Mark64

Equipment
Sep 12, 2019
Saginaw, MN
Where did you end up getting an ignition switched hot from to feed the new slot?
I could not figure out where the heck the power to the fuses was coming from, I did not want to tare the loom completely apart and I checked the relays under the cowl and the power there is always hot.

So to answer your question I stripped and soldered to the power going to the hour meter. It is a large feed and is only a 5 amp fuse. I tried to get the fuse connector out but was not having any luck and did not want to break it. I wish that there was a bus or something to make life easier.