M4000 pump and FEL

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
Hello,
I am in search of words of wisdom on mounting a loader to an M4000.

My questions are about the hydraulics. The tractor has a pump mounted on the side of the engine just aft of the fuel pump. it also has rear remote connections and even a control valve sort of below the seat.

My questions are...
1. Can the rear remote connections be used to run a loader or will we need to tie in up front near the pump?
2. If so, any recommendations on how best to tie in?
3. Any idea what the capacity of the pump is?

The loader is a good sized one but not great quality and the cylinders or not so big.

I'll try to attach images shortly but if anyone has advice it would be appreciated.

Jim

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
more info...

The operators manual says the remote control valve can be used as an "outlet" if you "hold the valve open".

I think this tractor has had a valve added so that it has the single direction "outlet" valve and another valve that could be used to operate a hydraulic attachment in both directions like a log splitter, back blade, etc..

The loader were are putting on it has it's own set of control valves (up/down, dump/scoop) so the plan is just to "supply" fluid and pressure with this valve but I have no idea how to plumb the fluid return.

Assuming the pump can power the loader my next thought is how to plumb this valve (missing a lever in the image). It has a port coming out of the top and one to the rear. My assumption is the top supplies pressure and the rear acts as a return. The "added" valve supplies pressure to the remote connections and appears to apply pressure to one of the remote disconnects or the other based on the lever. For this valve, I assume the return would be whichever line was not pressurized. If anyone can confirm that my thinking is correct, that would be great.

At some point we will just plumb it up and see how (or if) it works, but if anyone has experience here it would be great to get advice.

Attachments

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello
You can run the front loader off the valve that you have now. Figure out which Cupler is in and out depending which way you have the handle. Use a bungee cord to hold it in position. Plum your loader valve in and out into the couplers. The other option is plumbing in to the pressure line coming out of the Hydraulic pump.it is the small line running to the rear. I believe you'll find a connection under the right floorboard. You could take oil from there and run to your loader valve and return it back to the same line. Good luck. Lance

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
For testing and short term use, Tottaly agree with 007kubotaguy.
You will need to determine when the valve is held open which line is the supply and which line is the return.
On thing to note: if your valve has 3 lines ( Supply , PB, Return ) you will need to add another path of direct route to the reservoir.

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
Backside image.

I noticed the image needs rotated....
If you rotate it 90° CW or tilt your head to the left the info below will make more sense. LOL.

Attachments

Last edited:

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
Still stuck but getting close!

Thanks for the info so far but take a look at the backside image. This is the rear of the "valve set". We want to use the outer most valve if possible and leave the inner most valve for "rear remotes". Let's call this the original "factory valve".

We have the outlet of the factory valve connected to the loader control valve set (Gresen). Top port on the factory valve to "inlet" on the Gresen.

The problem is where to connect the outlet of the Gresen.

We tried the bottom port of the factory valve with no success. I think the bottom port was the original pressure input, an when the "rear remote" valve was added this port was plugged and fluid/pressure is run through the ports between the 2 valves.

What about the rear ports? I know atleast one of them is not a port but a cap over a spring. I know this because I removed it and it was a bugger to get back in!

Thoughts?

Jim

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello. You should be able to return the oil back to the remotes. But if its giving you trouble for test purposes the easy thing to do would be to put the return hose off your loader valve into the fill hole of the transmission. There should be a plug on top of the rear axle housing to return the oil back to from the loader valve.
Good luck. Lance

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
Next problem, the Greson valve no worky!
My guess is that the fluid is just flowing through the valve and not resulting in pressure to the cylinders. It had a gizmo on the outlet (I'll call it a regulator) that we removed cuz it was damaged. My assumption is that this device creates a differential pressure rather than dumping the fluid back to the resivour.

This regulator seams hoky.

Any advise on the correct way to plumb this thing?

Attachments

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello
The hose closest to the Tractor should be the pressure in to the valve. The outside hose would be return. Are you sure you have pressure to the valve. You could make a simple gauge set up to check pressure at the remote couplers. Just use a Male pioneer tip and put a 3000 PSI gauge on it. Plug it in to the Cupler and read your pressure. You may also want to get rid of the galvanized fittings. They don't do well under pressure. Good luck Lance