Hydraulic pressure

Wideopen38

Jun 6, 2018
SUMMERVILLE
I have a l2500 4x4 with a lb400 loader. I just replaced the hydraulic valve. The problem is the loader arms goes up about 8 inches and stops,it will go down fine those 8 inches.The bucket will not roll up or down,all of it was working fine before new valve. Does anyone know what the pressure should be,the valve is set at 2600 psi just starting there.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Did you happen to disconnect any quick connect fittings when you replaced the valve. If so, go back, completely disconnect and the ensure a positive connection is made. I've seen that cause similar problems on tractors before.

If that's not the issue, you may have some gunk or trash that has gotten into the valve.

buffumjr

Equipment
L175
Mar 30, 2019
Orange City, FL USA
Did you happen to disconnect any quick connect fittings when you replaced the valve. If so, go back, completely disconnect and the ensure a positive connection is made. I've seen that cause similar problems on tractors before.

If that's not the issue, you may have some gunk or trash that has gotten into the valve.
I have been considering building a loader attachment for my L175. That bit of info is vitally important. It's not covered in the instruction sheet.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
It's not in any troubleshooting charts either. I have seen it on two John Deere tractors where this trick worked on the front loaders.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a l2500 4x4 with a lb400 loader. I just replaced the hydraulic valve. The problem is the loader arms goes up about 8 inches and stops,it will go down fine those 8 inches.The bucket will not roll up or down,all of it was working fine before new valve. Does anyone know what the pressure should be,the valve is set at 2600 psi just starting there.
Sounds like you have lines crossed up. ;)

Or as Captain13 said, you have quick disconnects that have problems.

Did you use Teflon tape on the fittings?

Wideopen38

Jun 6, 2018
SUMMERVILLE
Ok I fixed the bucket problem it was the lines were wrong so thanks for helping with that problem. Now I have another problem the lift in the back will not go up. I have the 4 lines that go to the bucket and three other lines that go to the back one goes all the way to the back behind the seat and two others that goes to a valve with knob in front of the seat. I moved to lines around and the bucket stopped working and the lift worked by putting the lift leveler in lift and moveing the joystick on the hydraulic valve. Can anyone tell me where the hoses should go on the valve.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You have the three in and out lines crossed up, the line from the pump is in or pressure line.
If you don't know which one that is crack the 2 lines from the block, hold the stop engine lever and crank it, fluid will come out of the Pump line that goes to IN or Pressure for the valve, The other on the block will be PB (power beyond) and the last line will be tank(return).

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Ok I did everything you said to do but nothing works at all bucket or lifted I looked at it about 10 times I'm lost.
First tell me how many lines are connected to the new valve, 6 or 7?

Can you provide the exact make and model of the new valve and where you bought it.

Do you know how to post photo(s)? If not take a few minutes and try and figure it out as it will save you a lot of typing. The simple way for a novice is to join a free external web hosting service like Imgur.com.

Alternatively, scroll down when you are posting, to the section marked "Additional Options."

Go to Manage Attachments. Here you identify where the photos are on your computer that you wish to post. Once you have done that, select Upload and a thumbnail will appear in your post that others can click on and see the big picture(s).

Did you do the first test Wolfman suggested? With the engine off, open up the line you believe is coming from the pump. Crank the engine but do not start it. Fluid should flow out. Make certain that one line is connected to the valve port marked IN.

Dave

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Here are two pictures. Old one is on the left side, new one installed right. It has 7 hoses coming of them. The model I was told to get was WLV21GB5C1 it's a 2 spool.
Does your invoice for the new valve say it has the power beyond feature already installed?

In looking at this info from the Wolverine site, is it possible you did NOT install the PB sleeve before you connected a hose to that port.

If you have a hose connected to the port but no internal sleeve then likely hydraulic pressure is just being drained off back to the reservoir rather than building up to raise your loader

I just sent this email to Prince Hydraulics as they sell the Wolverine line

I am trying to help someone a long distance away who just bought one of your front end loader valves.

It is a WLV21GB5C1

He has 7 hoses connected to it so needs power beyond.

Does this valve require a sleeve or plug to make the power beyond function work?

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
It says it is opt. Power beyond. Remove steel plug to install/convert to power beyond.
Ok lets go backwards briefly. Reinstall the PB plug and leave the 7th hose off.

Lets see if your loader works now. If it does NOT, then we are back to Wolfman's earlier point of hoses being in the wrong place on the valve.

You then need to do the test he suggested.

Dave

Wideopen38

Jun 6, 2018
SUMMERVILLE
Okay I had one of the lines backwards the in and out the buckets working again but the lift for the bush hog when you put the lever in the up position it does not move but you pulled the joystick to tilt the bucket back the bush hog lift comes up when you push the lift lever down for the bush hog it goes down by itself so what am I missing now?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Unless I missed it, did you get the optional power beyond fitting?
I ask because I'm not seeing it in the picture you provided, all I see is a 90 degree fitting in the picture.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes I had to put it in first them I put a 90 degree into it. Do i need? I don't think my other valve had one.
The blueprint dave put up is wrong, why I don't know.
The PB port is the one with the adapter installed in it, so the side port.
The top port will be the tank port, so swap those two lines. ;)