Quick Hitch ?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
What about Pat's quick hitch? If your implements are not already quick hitch ready.

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
My problem with the one from Harbor Freight was it would fit one or two implements but was too narrow for some others. It is laying in the weeds somewhere.
Mine has fit every single implement without any major issues, save for the box blade that was never designed to be used with a QG to begin with. On that, I had to mill the top hook of the QH down about 1/16" thinner to allow it to fit in the gap on the top pin of my box blade.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
I have a Quick Hitch. It sits in the corner of shop where it***8217;s out of the way because I got tired of tripping over it.

QH***8217;s at first seemed like they***8217;d be Quite Handy. But the problem is they actually don***8217;t fit a many attachments as one might suppose.

In my case, I first wanted to switch between a shredder and a box blade. I thought this would be easy. But the problem was the shredder needed a different length top-link than the box blade and the box blade top-link requires frequent adjustments anyway, as well as the lift arms in order to accomodate ***8220;crown***8221; or ***8220;slant***8221; on the road or whatever surface is being bladed. Gotta get on/off/on/off many times anyway so the QH didn***8217;t save any time and wasn***8217;t convenient due to the lift-arm width-settings were different between the two implements.

Then, I bought a Finish Mower. And a Post Hole Digger. The PHD Will NOT WORK AT ALL Because the QH won***8217;t hold the implement steady and the PHD flops around everywhere. The Finish Mower and shredder both require a loose/long top link to accommodate uneven ground or the support arms will bend on both mowers. The QH will not adapt to that.

For a QH to work as intended and in order to remain convenient you must have near-identical 3-point implements that do NOT need any flexible movement. Before wasting money on it, be certain your implements are QH compatible (and most likely will need to be the same mfr***8217;r.)
I believe it.

For a LP branded QH, you need LP QH ready implements for it to be 100% effective.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
What about Pat's quick hitch? If your implements are not already quick hitch ready.
I have seen where you need a new top link with them since they bring the bottom links out so far.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If the top link adjustment is the sole reason for not using a QH, I found the Kubota BX top link to be garbage, and it went out with other scrap metal years ago.

For $25, I bought one that's much more user-friendly TL at a Farm store.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
My problem with the one from Harbor Freight was it would fit one or two implements but was too narrow for some others. It is laying in the weeds somewhere.
My 3 point QH was too narrow for my 3 point Land Pride blade. After using 2 hydraulic jacks butted together to spread the lower QH hooks 3/8" further apart, I can use my QH on all my stuff

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Any brand QH, if built to ASAE specs, will fit any same-category implement built to ASAE specs. No need to match brands.

Bruce
The problems arise when trying to attach older equipment or equipment that does not meet the specs. And not all new equipment adhere to the specs tightly enough to make them interchangeable. You need to "try on" each and every piece just to make sure it will fit.