Comparing Bucket Tooth Attachments

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Piranha bar for me had it 4 years never taken it off.

It grabs small trees and rips them roots and all out of the ground.

Does fine when used for leveling and excellent when digging.

If it we stolen today I would have one on the way right away.

Turned my L4600 into a digging machine and like I said does great clearing small trees.

I believe you will like it.

Took me 30 minutes to install and I could remove it in 10 minutes, takes longer to find a socket.

Good luck.

Jay

Terdybukrat

Equipment
B2400, Gehl skidsteer with Kubota v2203 engine, D600 engine
Dec 10, 2017
Mebane, NC
I had a skidsteer and put a ratchet rake on it for specific uses. It worked great for a lot of tasks like clearing & removing brush..., levelling & grading dirt & gravel and was a very useful tool on a 7000lb machine. The way it is used, there is very little extension on the tilt cylinders when it is working so not a lot of force applied to them. While definitely not something i would want on if scooping bucketloads, it is very simple to take on & off. They do offer something i think they call a forestry version that upgrades from straps to cables that i would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I have a hardpan rock/gravel property beneath a skim coat of poor soil. I got 4 bolt on teeth from Amazon for $40 and drilled my bucket to mount them. They haven't been removed in more than a year. If I want a smoother finish or cleanup up snow I use the blade on the 3Pt. They really help break up the hard ground.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Has anyone used the Piranha for snow on a gravel drive ???
----- Yes.. I got the Piranha bar as to not ware on the bucket edge. There is a definite learning curve on what bucket angle to use it to move snow on the frozen drive, but only takes a short time to learn.. It has worked well..
<<<<<
In fact if anybody has an idea on how to dig in compacted, dry, hard dirt I'd like to hear suggestions.
----- You may have to break things up first with a sub soil shank before trying to dig. I've used this technique with good results.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I have both, started with the ratchet rake when I had a ToolCat, works great as mentioned for brush removal, leveling and final grade in prep for seeding. I did about an acre or so at the lake with it. When I downsized to the BX25D I added the Pirahna and it really helped in the digging aspect and also does a decent job of brush removal. I wouldn’t say as good as the RR, but since it is always on it is more convenient. I have since upgraded to a B2650 and it has enough power to rib out the roots of smaller trees, up to about 4”. Again it is always on so more usage. If I had to only have one it would be the Pirahna, fortunately I have both so when needed I can put it on and have a better tool to finish grade and seed bed.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have an ATI myself and I bought it with the future in mind. I want replaceable pin on teeth on the bar. Mine replaces with a roll pin, so no welding required and you pay only for the tooth.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
yes, has to be removed ! Well, unless you LIKE spending all Spring repairing your driveway AFTER you find the 'missing gravel'....

I don't think anyone has enough talent to NOT grab gravel using bucket/bar.
Edge Tammers can keep the bucket from digging in. Do you think Edge Tammers (https://r2manufacturing.com/products/edge-tamer#shopify-product-reviews) would fit on your bucket with the piranha bar? I saw these used on Tractor Time with Tim... they seemed work well with snow removal.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
All i can say is that I've simply never taken the Pirhana bar off since installed. I agree I can't imagine doing any digging/scooping with the rake as I think its bit more geared around grading gravel and pulling up brush and such?
Same here. Put mine on when I got the tractor and it has never come off. Great piece of gear!

tor

Jun 25, 2009
SC
Same here. Put mine on when I got the tractor and it has never come off. Great piece of gear!
Agree. Never have taken mine off either. You can even back-drag with the bar on, if you use a shallow angle. As far as digging abilities, if feel like I gained about 50 hp after I put it on.