face book jail

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
I just got out of FB jail today. Had a 10 day vacation for calling a biden fan a fing idiot. Really got to watch what ya sat about biden on FB. Yet they allow about anything said about Trump.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I deleted my FB account as I don't want to support M@rk Zuckerberg or any of Big Tech for that matter. FaceBook is "free" because YOU are the product they're selling! Social media is a key factor in shifting public opinion on anything they want to push.

I say we push orange tractors. You will only find me here and TBN.
The opinions they can't shift are the ones they want to stifle and silence. That's their version of democracy. As long as you agree with them, then you're not a radical and you only participate in peaceful protests. Because their protests could NEVER be insurrection or anything other than peaceful. :unsure:

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I haven't found any "social media" to be worthwhile in any way. Forums like this harken back to the old dial-up BBS's, which I found to be useful places to talk to people and excange information and ideas. I'm glad they haven't been replaced by the facetwits.

The only one of those things I have an account with is LinkedIn, and that's only so I can stay in touch with what's going on in software development in my area. I check in about once every 2-3 months...
I ran a BBS for nearly 10 years before Al Gore invented the WWW and Global Warming made 9600 Baud connections too slow. Those were simpler times before we had more than 2 genders. I'm still waiting for the new biology books that support that 'science'.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I ran a BBS for nearly 10 years before Al Gore invented the WWW and Global Warming made 9600 Baud connections too slow. Those were simpler times before we had more than 2 genders. I'm still waiting for the new biology books that support that 'science'.
Good times. I ran mine on a 300 baud. Had to build my own answering circuit and write a driver to start the program when it answered. A lot more DIY in those days.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Good times. I ran mine on a 300 baud. Had to build my own answering circuit and write a driver to start the program when it answered. A lot more DIY in those days.
I ran PCBoard software, and usually a Hayes branded modem of some sort, or US Robotics when their quality and speed surpassed Hayes. When I finally shut it down, I had upgraded to a 28.8KBaud modem which was all the analog phone lines of the time could handle. I had two 60MB disks in a 286 based machine with a whopping 4 MB of RAM which I thought was a screaming beast that I'd never fill up. What did I know? Now a 2 TB disk fills up a lot faster than I like, and if you don't have at least 8GB of RAM, you're gonna spend a lot of time waiting for an operating system designed for illiterates afraid of speed.

When DSL and high speed modems began to make their appearance, boards started dropping like flies to online services like AOL where many people could be online at one time for a fraction of the cost for multiple phone lines required by most BBS systems for multi-user interaction. I resisted for a while, but found myself being the only person doing anything on the computer that had an extra phone line I was paying for. The last call to my board had come in nearly three months prior, and the WWW was the new way. The much noisier way, that spawned a whole new kind of greed and a completely different kind of criminal. We can reach any part of the world in seconds, and hurt a lot of feelings with a single mouse click. Things have improved, haven't they?

I'm not sure today's generations could survive my childhood.

Reactions: 1 user

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Kind of reminds me of this site. Loaded with snitches and cry babies and discriminatory moderation. I'm done here. for all intents and purposes. I may read posts but I'll rarely comment like Bulldog and a few others do.

The new 'cancel culture' and me don't get along well.

Welcome to the new Amerika comrade. (y)
Well, let me tell you... the snitches, crybabies, and pansy thing works both ways. And seeing some of the same members here as other sites, I know what you mean on the moderation. I lean left, but that doesn't mean I'll turn the other cheek. As far as I'm concerned post 10 above already crossed the line, but it's not my place to moderate... I'm here for the Orange talk...