Replacing hydraulic filter bracket housing

Rockettodd

Equipment
L4701 HST
Nov 21, 2020
Blythewood, SC
Hey , checking in to see if anybody has experience replacing the hydraulic filter bracket housing. I had a log snap back up from rolling over with my back tire and it busted the hydraulic filter off the thread from the bracket. I have ordered replacement bracket and some seals to replace the ones that I will have to pull the metal hose out of the bracket. Any experience or tips of you have if having done this would be greatly appreciated!

Todd

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Might want to add which tractor in your post. While you have an L4701HST in the sidebar, that might not be the tractor with the problem.
As for 'protection',without seeing the problem, a heavy duty guard made from C-channel might work ?? Whatever you add, use neversieze on teh nuts/bolts. That way it WILL come off when you need it too !

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Your question will certainly be on my mind and hopefully make me more careful when I am doing clearing work. It's amazing how much important stuff is more exposed on the Kubota than on the old JD.

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
Drain gear oil. Only need to drain the main plug. Pull HYD filter. Remove 2 bolts that attache metal lines. 2 bolts to remove the filter housing. With assembly loose, carefully pull the two metal lines (Oil cooler return and charge pump inlet) from the housing. Get 4 new o-rings from kubota. Put it back together, new filter, fill up and hope there's no leaks.

Your tractor may vary.

Attachments

Rockettodd

Equipment
L4701 HST
Nov 21, 2020
Blythewood, SC
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions! Yes it one of those things Kubota seems to lack in protecting important aspect of the tractor including the grill guard that is too exposed to get nicked when using a grapple attachment! Oh well, you never know until you experience this mishap to what modification is needed to protect the tractor! Happy Holidays!