What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
We`re still building our new driveway. Starting to get cold here though. Wishing now i had bought the cab for our tractor. Friday gonna be around 58 degrees, and saturday looks good too. We`ll take advantage of it.

Reactions: 1 user

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
We`re still building our new driveway. Starting to get cold here though. Wishing now i had bought the cab for our tractor. Friday gonna be around 58 degrees, and saturday looks good too. We`ll take advantage of it.
The weather certainly can cancel plans quickly for projects. I'm thinking I'm done with the bucket for now and this weekend I'll swap over to the snowblower for the first time. Should be fun......

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
The weather certainly can cancel plans quickly for projects. I'm thinking I'm done with the bucket for now and this weekend I'll swap over to the snowblower for the first time. Should be fun......
Yeahhh, i can certainly see that happening where YOU live River! I`m surprised you havent been hit with alotta snow yet up there! Wow that wind was something yesterday here!

40 yrs ago, temperature`s never mattered to me, but now it gets to me quick now that i`m OLD :cry:

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Hauled all of this to burn pile, 60 feet when standing......... and 9 hours later left with this......... Without a tractor a much more difficult job!

Attachments

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Well here goes nuffin... i took the advice from a few and decided to buy the LP BB1248 box blade. Heading out to the dealer right now to pick it up. I think they did a decent deal for wifey an i, $680 out the door.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Bought the BB1248, made it there an back no problem, 1-1/2hrs to get there, nother 1-1/2hr ride home.

Picked up 4 extra scarifier clips to toss in the tractor tool box too. ($5 each) Better to have them and not need them vs need them and not have them. Guess that means i`ll have to toss some pliers in the tool box.

Overall, nice box. Looks very rugged! Would have been even better if they hadn`t stitch welded it though.

We`re looking forward to using it this thursday friday saturday sunday.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Bought the BB1248, made it there an back no problem, 1-1/2hrs to get there, nother 1-1/2hr ride home.

Picked up 4 extra scarifier clips to toss in the tractor tool box too. ($5 each) Better to have them and not need them vs need them and not have them. Guess that means i`ll have to toss some pliers in the tool box.

Overall, nice box. Looks very rugged! Would have been even better if they hadn`t stitch welded it though.

We`re looking forward to using it this thursday friday saturday sunday.
Well done.

I need to get a few extra clips as I mentioned in the other thread.

You will like the box. After watching a few videos on people using box blades and understanding how the top link length impacts the whole shebang is key. I haven't had to use the scarifiers yet and have them set up and out of the way. I prefer to make less aggressive passes than go too aggressive out of the gate.

Like anything else, I think the key is having a plan before you get on the tractor is important. I figure out where I want to scrape and where I want to leave the material and then where I want that material to be spread. I'm sure most people do that but I can imagine plenty just jump on the tractor and start "doing" and make it up as they go. I'm just a planner......lol

Reactions: 1 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Well done.

I need to get a few extra clips as I mentioned in the other thread.

You will like the box. After watching a few videos on people using box blades and understanding how the top link length impacts the whole shebang is key. I haven't had to use the scarifiers yet and have them set up and out of the way. I prefer to make less aggressive passes than go too aggressive out of the gate.

Like anything else, I think the key is having a plan before you get on the tractor is important. I figure out where I want to scrape and where I want to leave the material and then where I want that material to be spread. I'm sure most people do that but I can imagine plenty just jump on the tractor and start "doing" and make it up as they go. I'm just a planner......lol
LOL... you an i are alot alike, i plan EVERYTHING out. Life is easier when you know what you have to do and knowing ahead of time what you`re going after. I`ve never been that good at just wingin`it. Always found myself second guessing things just wing`in it. Sometimes wing`in it is ok, but not always.

Another 3hr road trip again today. I decided i wanted the quik-hitch. Drove back down to the dealer again. Last night, i measured ALL the implements that i have just for chits & giggles, and holy cow, the quik-hitch spec`d out to fit them all! I dont know how it happened, but i found myself old to and tired to quick these days. 40/45/50yrs ago, i woulda thought nothing about changing implements out many times a day. Well to heck with THAT nonsense, this quik-hitch makes life sooooooooo much faster and easier. LOVIN`IT!!! It`s best thing since slice bread!!!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Grabbed a couple of granite boulders from local demolition project. I wasn’t sure I could lift this one but made it! Guess I have enough weight in ballast box ( filled with steel scrap).

6CE5301C-F2BC-4D73-A375-010C73222747.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Yep, I figured it at about 2,100 lbs. (12 CF x 175 lbs/ CF). I drove slow especially when making a jog onto a State Hwy.

Here they are at home.

E8D207B4-875A-49AB-AB94-ECD06D4318EE.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Picked up a free 48 inch scag mower yesterday.. owner said wont roll.. so brought the l2501.. turns out it was in gear.. after putting it in neutral it rolls....but used the l2501 to put it on the trailer..

Had a bit of negative tounge weight and the box blade was sitting on the rippers and the rest hanging off the back if the trailer.. had to put pallets forks on the mower..

Luckily was only a 4 mile trip on residential streets.. went about 35 mph..

Attachments

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Useing the l2501 as a work bench to fix a few commercial toro mowers with kawasaki engines.. these Suckers are heavy! Sure beats lifting it onto the work bench or doing it on the ground

Attachments

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Useing the l2501 as a work bench to fix a few commercial toro mowers with kawasaki engines.. these Suckers are heavy! Sure beats lifting it onto the work bench or doing it on the ground
Thats actually a great idea. Beautiful piece of wood in the background. I could make a great coffee table out of that!!!

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Thats actually a great idea. Beautiful piece of wood in the background. I could make a great coffee table out of that!!!

I was planning to use it as a chair back peice.. but I have more projects then time lately.. it would make a great table if it was wider

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Finally got my BX1880 back from the dealer after a warranty claim for what turned out to be a bad 'O' ring on the rear end. No more leaking and I can now mow and move hay around much easier.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Got time to dig out around my septic pipe where it goes through the foundation. Had a waterfall with a north rain over Labor Day. Seems the septic contractor never sealed the pipe from the outside. Packed it full of hydraulic cement inside and out after cleaning the area thoroughly. Will let it dry and backfill after lunch

Attachments

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We did some cleaning at the farm. Loaded up two trailers with scrap metal.
20201120_102447.jpg

20201120_100009.jpg

20201120_101557.jpg