L235 clutch adjustment??

btrahan23

Equipment
L235
Oct 30, 2020
Jennings, Louisiana
Hi I purchased a L235 that has been sitting up for a while. We got her running but the clutch sometimes doesn’t disengage all the way when the petal is fully pressed. Every now and then it will disengage all the way but it’s not consistent. I was wondering if there is anyway to adjust the clutch or any suggestions to fix the issues without splitting the tractor and changing it out. The only fluid I have not changed out is the hydraulic fluid could that be part of my issue?? Thanks

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There are adjustments in the linkage. Should look something like a turnbuckle or threaded rod and nut.

Push the clutch pedal and see what linkage moves to locate the adjustment and it may be on the opposite side of the tractor from the pedal.

You should have about an inch of free play before you start to feel the clutch start to get pushed.

It may have rusted to the flywheel and be sticking

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Unless you have hydrostatic drive the hydraulic fluid is unlikely to be the source of your problem. You may wish to change it on principal as it can collect moisture over time.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Good to hear you have it working better now.

Glad the advice was useful!

Thank you for reporting back so others may know how your tractor was fixed.