What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Thanks. He seems to make it in every picture. He can't be more than 50 feet from me....ever.
Thats awesome. Treasure every moment with him. I lost my black lab a little while ago, miss her every day.
She would never be more than a few feet from me at the most. She loved being out there with the tractors.
Whenever i was working on the tractors in the shop, she would jump up into the seat and watch me work.

Reactions: 3 users

BT3101

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, Taylor Way BH W/Subframe, Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks
Mar 20, 2016
Evansville, IN, USA
A week or so ago I did some pond cleanup at parent's house. Two years ago their neighbor who spends Winters in Florida ask my Dad if he could "see if this plant can survive Indiana Winters". My Dad let him put a few small pieces in his pond.

Fast forward two years and the stuff was already out of control. It's like giant green spaghetti. Luckily, the fact that it is a tangled mess let me pull it to the bank and drag/lift it all out.

Backhoe is a Taylor-Way (Italian made) that I got used. Also found a used subframe to mount it to the tractor, so it is not hanging off the rear. All I had to make was the right angle adapter bracket shown in the pic.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
A week or so ago I did some pond cleanup at parent's house. Two years ago their neighbor who spends Winters in Florida ask my Dad if he could "see if this plant can survive Indiana Winters". My Dad let him put a few small pieces in his pond.

Fast forward two years and the stuff was already out of control. It's like giant green spaghetti. Luckily, the fact that it is a tangled mess let me pull it to the back and drag/lift it all out.

Backhoe is a Taylor-Way (Italian made) that I got used. Also found a used subframe to mount it tot he tractor, so it is not hanging off the rear. All I had to make was the right angle adapter bracket shown in the pic.

You need to get some weed killer that will knock that stuff out before it becomes a big problem. Some of the plants in Florida are just unbelievably fast growing and are a danger to the native plants and animals.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You need to get some weed killer that will knock that stuff out before it becomes a big problem. Some of the plants in Florida are just unbelievably fast growing and are a danger to the native plants and animals.

I forgot to say, dry it out and burn it asap.

Reactions: 1 user

BT3101

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, Taylor Way BH W/Subframe, Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks
Mar 20, 2016
Evansville, IN, USA
You are correct on their spread and impact. Frogs did love the stuff though, since they could sit on the floating mass, but it was definitely an oxygen drain on the water.

Tried two types of weed killer first. It looked wilted for a week or so, then perked right back up. I think because most of the plant was under water. Maybe also since not native to this area, the chemicals sold weren't lethal to it.

I was able to pull it all out of the pond and pile it for burning after it dries. What I couldn't pull in to shore with backhoe, I made a hand throwable device on a rope that I could throw out past it, then pull it in close enough to grab with the hoe.

That green on the surface is just normal late Summer algae and will go away once the water cools a bit.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Used the BX to pick up trash along my road. When most businesses closed down because of COVID, there was little or no trash being thrown out. Now with most businesses back open in my area, the trash is back.
This amount is from just a quarter mile of the road.
I never understood why some people have so little respect and think it's okay to pitch their trash out the window and let someone else deal with it.
One offender likes Popeye's, there is almost always some of their trash out there, and the nearest Popeye's is over 20 miles away. Domino's pizza is popular too.
IMG_20201028_135739566 (Custom).jpg

Reactions: 3 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Used the BX to pick up trash along my road. When most businesses closed down because of COVID, there was little or no trash being thrown out. Now with most businesses back open in my area, the trash is back.
I never understood why some people have so little respect and think it's okay to pitch their trash out the window and let someone else deal with it.
One offender likes Popeye's, there is almost always some of their trash out there, and the nearest Popeye's is over 20 miles away. Domino's pizza is popular too. View attachment 49955
Lazy, cheap MF's are always tossing garbage along the back roads near me. Lots of beer cans [returnables] and old tires [non returnable]
We have a yearly statewide cleanup that yields tons of roadside waste.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
People that have no respect for themselves have no respect for you or for anyone/anything else.

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
" I never understood why some people have so little respect and think it's okay to pitch their trash out the window and let someone else deal with it."

Pretty simple actually. It's taught! A parent needs to take a 5 year old out with them when they pick up the roadside trash. Then have then actually help do the actual picking up. They'll quickly learn what is appropriate, and not discard trash or like it as an adult.

Same way a human learns anything, good or bad!

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
One offender likes Popeye's, there is almost always some of their trash out there, and the nearest Popeye's is over 20 miles away. Domino's pizza is popular too. View attachment 49955
Good on you sir! That is a great idea to use the tractor along the road for clean up. I`m going to use your method from now on. I use to just walk along my road with a plastic garbage bag in hand, but now that i`m alot older, cant walk to far, using the bucket is a great idea!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
using the bucket is a great idea!
I agree, plus anything to get more seat time!
I often use a pair of "grabbers" to pick up trash, then just lean over the hood to drop it into the fully curled bucket. Most of the time I never have to dismount.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I often use a pair of "grabbers" to pick up trash, then just lean over the hood to drop it into the fully curled bucket. Most of the time I never have to dismount.
Damnnnnn, ANOTHER GREAT idea! You guys are a wealth of GREAT ideas. I`m gonna go get me one of those neat hand held picker-uppers! :D

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I mowed the *swamp* part of my lawn with the l2501 loaded.. or with the loader on.. already made a bunch of ruts with my little scag liberty z mower and not 3 days later the grass grew about 2 inches.. the past 2 weeks we got some 8 inches of rain and most of it finds its way to thar spot.. its like driving through a grassy river, water 8 inches high in spots..

Last picture is of my pallet for the mower deck.. gives the mower plenty of air space between the ground to air dry

Attachments

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Good on you sir! That is a great idea to use the tractor along the road for clean up. I`m going to use your method from now on. I use to just walk along my road with a plastic garbage bag in hand, but now that i`m alot older, cant walk to far, using the bucket is a great idea!
Yeah, getting old sucks. A back injury a few years ago damaged the nerves to my lower legs, and walking very far is taxing. But, I'm still able to do most things, and getting out in the fresh air and putting the BX to good use is a good feeling.
I get that amount of trash about every month or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. I even found a pay stub with the payees name and address on it once. Sent him a nice letter about what an ass he is.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Tried that, but so much of the trash is in the long grass or down in the ditch, so I just dismount and pick it up. I put a piece of aluminum checker plate on the mower that gives me a better place to step when getting back on the BX.
IMG_20200223_154759573.jpg