ZG127S Front Wheel Bracket

dewhah

Equipment
Kubota ZG127S
Apr 25, 2024
I have the same page in my Service Manual as well. After removing the bracket bolt and the cap the bracket doesn't slip out. Is the top bearing pressed on to the bracket shaft. Does it require a little persuasion from a 3# hammer and a brass drift?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Probably nothing is pressed on but probably pretty line to line fit and somewhat corroded or forced together onto a painted shaft.

I would spray that top section with a good penetrating oil of your choice but not WD-40. Then see if gentle taps up and down get some movement going and if so continue with the spray then tap routine for sometime.

If gentle taps don’t work then maybe get a bolt into the top of the shaft to allow more persuasion to be applied. May want to try and get the frame rigidly supported before hitting it too much, doubtful you can do much damage but th would get more force into the bracket.

Good luck and have patience.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have the same page in my Service Manual as well. After removing the bracket bolt and the cap the bracket doesn't slip out. Is the top bearing pressed on to the bracket shaft. Does it require a little persuasion from a 3# hammer and a brass drift?
As a first attempt I would concentrate my force to the top of the U bracket holding the wheel.. Use a piece of hardwood to save the paint. This rather than hitting the end of the vertical shaft.

ZG front axle modified.jpg

Dave