ZD323

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
The temp and fuel gauges on my ZD 323 test bad according to the wsm. My question is, what could have caused both gauges to go at once? This is a 400 hour machine. It has been jump started a few times and I have had to jump across the starter terminals a few times due to non start.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious, went to kub cda online, the ZD323 here shows a mechanical gauge for fuel, not electrical !
Must be a different model ??
Did you test them 'on the bench' ? IE , totally removed from the machine ?
If they're electromechanical meters , grounding the sensor side will show over full or super hot.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
The mower is 9 years old and the gauges are electronic. Both test bad on the machine and bench test. I was wondering what could cause them both to fail at seemingly the same time. neither keeps me from using the mower but they are a good thing to have.

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
Are they not working at all or just inaccurate?
If they're inaccurate, how far are they off?
Factory gauges are notoriously inaccurate in general, aside from extremes (full/empty cold/overtemp).

400 hours in 9 years is a lot of sitting.
Outside in the rain and sun?
When things sit unprotected and unused it can make them more prone to failure.

They're probably both built by the same manufacturer, at close to the same time, with the same materials.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd have to see the WSM test procedures to better understand but if they are indeed 'electronic' ( IE electronics inside the shells ) as opposed to 'electrical' (simple meters, then any 'EMI' pulses could have destroyed them.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I'd have to see the WSM test procedures to better understand but if they are indeed 'electronic' ( IE electronics inside the shells ) as opposed to 'electrical' (simple meters, then any 'EMI' pulses could have destroyed them.
[/QUO

I misspoke, they are electrical basic gauges. The mower is used in my yard mostly to mow 2 acres. It is garage kept. I have been told that it is overkill but hey a man gotta have good stuff. I have ordered new gauges thinking that some impulse killed them. If the new ones don't fix it, I plan to mow and keep an eye on things. They have been out for a good while now.