Z725 mower shooting flames

JenJen

Equipment
Z725 mower
Aug 24, 2022
Ohio
I'm on my 3rd Kubota zero turn. Most have been trouble free but this last one not so much. I was mowing yesterday for maybe 45-60 mins and it stalled. I turned the key to re-start and it cranked but acted a little fuel starved. I've had the clogged fuel tube issue in the past, but this was a bit different. Sometimes when warm, I have a hard time starting and have to play with the choke (and even though its been running, I may still need the choke for a second or two which seems odd to me). I stopped, turned the key again and I swear I saw flames coming out the back (muffler?). I stopped and hopped off the mower and the flames were out. i almost feel like I imagined it but I decided I was done for the evening. I just went to try again. It cranks but just doesn't turn over. I think I need a pro at this point. However, its tough finding someone available. Am I in this for a new engine? Its several years old but has under 300 hours. Thoughts? If i have to buy a mower, any pointers on buying a used one?