Z122R Battery?

RTF505

Feb 28, 2019
Hoover, AL
Used my Z122R to cut grass two weeks ago. I had to use a jump box to get it started as it’s been sitting since September, but it fired right up and did fine. Went to use it yesterday and nothing when I turned the key. Hooked up jump box and it fire right off. When I went to unclip from jumbos, it started dying. I clip it back and it runs fine, I unclip and nothing. I increased the throttle and was able to unhook the jumpbox and drive it out of shed. 3-5 minutes of sitting and it starts the same thing at higher throttle. Hook jumbos up and it smooths out. Went to full throttle and was able to remove jump box,but couldn’t get blades to engage and it started acting like it was being choked down. I’m thinking bad battery…any other thoughts?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is a bad battery. I assume that it has some type of charging system on the engine, but it isn't enough to run the machine without the battery in place. I looked up the battery on Colemans and it is very inexpensive. Kubota/Interstate Battery Group U1 $64.81. If you have a Runnings near you they have a 350 CCA Group U1 battery for under $40. I was there 2 weeks ago and they had a stack of them on a pallet. Tractor Supply has the same U1 battery and it is 300 CCA and the cost was over $70 with the tax. I know because I asked my wife to pick one up for me, but I didn't need it because my Genius charger brought my batter back to life and it has been good ever since. She returned the battery to Tractor Supply since I never hooked it up.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It is a bad battery. I assume that it has some type of charging system on the engine, but it isn't enough to run the machine without the battery in place. I looked up the battery on Colemans and it is very inexpensive. Kubota/Interstate Battery Group U1 $64.81. If you have a Runnings near you they have a 350 CCA Group U1 battery for under $40. I was there 2 weeks ago and they had a stack of them on a pallet. Tractor Supply has the same U1 battery and it is 300 CCA and the cost was over $70 with the tax. I know because I asked my wife to pick one up for me, but I didn't need it because my Genius charger brought my batter back to life and it has been good ever since. She returned the battery to Tractor Supply since I never hooked it up.
Best bang for the battery buck is usually Walmart!