Yet another DIY Landplane

RWTW2020

Equipment
BX2230, LX3310, plow, disc harow, landplane, planter, auger, grapple, forks, etc
Jul 25, 2024
Boaz KY
Long time lurker first time poster

Been wanting a landplane for quite awhile and just never found one at the right price or size so...what to do other than make my own.

I saw some of the ones that others here had built and copied several ideas.

FYI...I do IT for a living not welding so I'll add that yes my welds looks bad...but they are deep and they hold.

Started with some I-beams from an old house trailer and then boxed in the ends.

Used some DOM tubing had left over from one of my Jeep projects and made cross braces.

Added some box tube for the front and started on my 3 point hookups. In hindsight I should have put the lower hookups a about 3 inches higher.

Next was the upright and start of some additional bracing.

Attachments

RWTW2020

Equipment
BX2230, LX3310, plow, disc harow, landplane, planter, auger, grapple, forks, etc
Jul 25, 2024
Boaz KY
Added some additional bracing for general back pressure with my last extra piece of DOM tubing

After many adjustments I finally found an angle I like on the blades. I took the cutting edge off my box blade and bolted it to the front cutter. Edge comes down 1/2 to 5/8 below side runners.

Finished up the welds and then tested it out. It was getting dark by that time but I can tell you it worked very well.

Overall took me about a week of evenings to finish. Spent about $150 in materials and another $60 in consumables.

Size came out to right at 5ft wide by 5ft long. Weight is perfect. Plan to give it a good wash and throw some paint on it tonight.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user