Would you buy the same tractor again or a different one?

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
So I am curious if you would buy the same one again or, if you had a "do-over" would you choose something different?

When I was buying, I was contemplating two different machines. It was between the 2502 or the Grand L 3560 and pricing wasn't a factor. Ultimately, I wanted a tractor I felt I could keep until I die with parts being available and that it would be easy enough for me to work on by myself. I REALLY wanted the 3560 but I just couldn't get past the emissions and the electronics aspect that this tractor had. As much as I wanted that 3560, I pulled the trigger on a 2502. I can honestly say that I have zero regrets whatsoever and would choose the 2502 again tomorrow. I abuse this machine and make it work far beyond what you would think a tractor this size can do, and yet it never fails to surprise me just how tough it is. It's been the perfect tractor for my 20 acres and the chores I throw at it. And it's definitely upped my firewood game being able to just grab a log and go verses rigging and dragging.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Depending on how old you are and how long you keep the tractor, replacement parts availability might be plentiful or non existent. I have owned my 1979 Ford F250 since 1983 and today getting replacement parts for it has become a major problem. Simple items that were plentiful 20 years ago are non existent today. I need the sock that goes on the end of the fuel sender, and after doing a lot of searching, it isn't available unless you buy a replacement sending unit. Have one coming from Amazon today. Same story on a lot of other parts that I am searching for. I should have sold the truck 25 years ago but I didn't because I thought that I might have a use for it in the future. Now I have a use for it and I am spending a lot of time getting it fit for the road again. Would have been better off if I scrapped this one and bought a newer used one, but I didn't.

Reactions: 1 users

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC
I followed advice here on going bigger than you might need and opted for the L2501. It worked great, and once I had done all of the big work on my small property, I sold it for a more manageable BX. Resale was so good on the L, and I found a steal on my BX, so I ended up with the backhoe I really wanted. VERY happy with the BX, but I liked the engine and HST from the L a lot more. That thing was a beast for the size/price.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The L4701 with third function, three rear remotes, top/tilt: I wouldn’t change anything. It’s small enough to go where I need it to and big enough to get something done when we get there. The third function for the grapple and the top/tilt is a huge deal my routine activities.

Reactions: 1 user