Woods RCC42 Removing the Stump Jumper

James D

Equipment
Kubota B1750
May 4, 2024
USA
I have the nut and washer removed from the shaft. The stump jumper was loose enough to spin by hand but I still can't get the retainer to slide off of the splined shaft and release it. Am I overlooking something? I'm afraid to use heat because it's so close to the gear box seal, I'm letting it sit with penetrating oil on it for now. Any information or suggestions will be very welcome.
Thanks
Jim

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
It would be a big help if you put the make and model in the body of your post.
Woods RCC42
Look on page I have attached. You need a puller or hydraulic jack. This operation is considered one for dealer to do.
Here is a link to the complete manual

Woods manual
Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I have the nut and washer removed from the shaft. The stump jumper was loose enough to spin by hand but I still can't get the retainer to slide off of the splined shaft and release it. Am I overlooking something? I'm afraid to use heat because it's so close to the gear box seal, I'm letting it sit with penetrating oil on it for now. Any information or suggestions will be very welcome.
Thanks
Jim
Not sure I understand the problem since the posted manual doesn’t show a stump jumper pan…
and I think they are normally welded to the cross bar so should not spin separately from the gear box.

Also no retainer is shown, just a castle nut and washer you have removed.

But I would see if the retainer has to be turned into one particular position and then slides off.

please post some pictures of the retainer and what you want to remove.

Generally these are very difficult to remove and are often cut off and replaced. The puller would certainly help with the removal of the crossbar.

James D

Equipment
Kubota B1750
May 4, 2024
USA
I am going to turn the brush hog upside down so I can get to everything easier. I can see that I really will need to use a puller. I'm pretty sure that I can rig up something that will work. I apologize for my poor description of things.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Hang it from your loader so you have access to both sides. Just make sure that you use a good chain and if you want, you can block the loader arms, but I don't see that as being necessary.