Will joesmith123's Engine Ever Run?

Will he get the engine together and running?

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I don’t know where he lives, but the background of his pictures looks like a third world country. I think y’all underestimate him. I hope he gets it going.

Reactions: 1 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I think y’all underestimate him. I hope he gets it going.
Matt I agree! I respect Joesmith123 for tackling this engine project with minimal tools and experience and letting it all hang out here on OTT. If his engine fails the naysayers are going to be lined up saying "I told you so". If he gets the engine installed and running they will say, " well in 100 hours the engine will self destruct" .

Personally I like a fellow that takes chances , willing to learn new things and shares it with a audience. How boring would this world be without risk takers?

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I forgot to mention, that your vote is anonymous, so you have no fear of being called out for your opinion.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Matt I agree! I respect Joesmith123 for tackling this engine project with minimal tools and experience and letting it all hang out here on OTT. If his engine fails the naysayers are going to be lined up saying "I told you so". If he gets the engine installed and running they will say, " well in 100 hours the engine will self destruct" .

Personally I like a fellow that takes chances , willing to learn new things and shares it with a audience. How boring would this world be without risk takers?
Exactly. I’ve dove in to some single lung Hondas, predators and even a few Kawasaki’s and they are still running. But I don’t think I would have tackled this, and put it all on the internet for everyone to see. Is he doing everything right, probably not. Is he willing to listen, yes. I applaud him.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Exactly. I’ve dove in to some single lung Hondas, predators and even a few Kawasaki’s and they are still running. But I don’t think I would have tackled this, and put it all on the internet for everyone to see. Is he doing everything right, probably not. Is he willing to listen, yes. I applaud him.
It appears that he does not listen,....... or generally ignores most of the advice given.

Last edited:

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
The problem is he doesn't listen.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I don’t know where he lives, but the background of his pictures looks like a third world country. I think y’all underestimate him. I hope he gets it going.
I also think y'all are underestimating his ability to have you believe what he tells you. The thread is more entertaining than most I've saw recently. I was on the fence until he "cleaned up" the head gasket and chiseled that liner out. I'm a fan and will continue to check the thread to see what's next every time I sign in.🎭🤹‍♂️🤸‍♂️🎼

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I also think y'all are underestimating his ability to have you believe what he tells you. The thread is more entertaining than most I've saw recently. I was on the fence until he "cleaned up" the head gasket and chiseled that liner out. I'm a fan and will continue to check the thread to see what's next every time I sign in.🎭🤹‍♂️🤸‍♂️🎼
We differ.....
Goofy as they are, I do think his shenanigans are for real!

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I don't think so, so I Googled his user name joesmith123, and found posts on solar and an Airstream forum, and he appears to be quite articulate and knowledgeable. Google returned over 10 pages of various forums that he is registered on, and I read some of his writings. By the time that I had gotten to the bottom of page 2, I didn't see a reason to go any further.

Last edited:

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
judging from his last post I don't think we'll ever get to the "what the hell, it doesn't run" part of this.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
judging from his last post I don't think we'll ever get to the "what the hell, it doesn't run" part of this.
Storing steel parts under tarps for several months?
I think the joesmith123 story is already over!

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I don't think so, so I Googled his user name joesmith123, and found posts on solar and an Airstream forum, and he appears to be quite articulate and knowledgeable. Google returned over 10 pages of various forums that he is registered on, and I read some of his writings. By the time that I had gotten to the bottom of page 2, I didn't see a reason to go any further.
Airstream forum says he’s in Illinois. So I was wrong on the third world country. He’s a go getter, that’s for sure.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Throw a tarp over it??? Just when we were about to get in the short rows. I've never been so let down since Becky "throwed a trap over it" on our senior trip leaving me and blue boys to cry our beer. 😰

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I hope he does get it running, and I voted that he will.

He does a lot of "unconventional stuff", but he is not shy about posting it, and I respect that.

Although, the "cleaning with pressurized gas" thing would have me so puckered, that if you shoved a lump of coal up my ass, you would have a diamond in 5 minutes.

Just sayin....... (y)

• Love

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I hope he does get it running, and I voted that he will.

He does a lot of "unconventional stuff", but he is not shy about posting it, and I respect that.

Although, the "cleaning with pressurized gas" thing would have me so puckered, that if you shoved a lump of coal up my ass, you would have a diamond in 5 minutes.

Just sayin....... (y)
I like your analogy! :ROFLMAO:

• Love