Why?

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Why is it that every glove in my cab is right-handed? Why is it that when I drop a rachet socket, it rolls in the drainage grate 3 feet away? Why is it that I put the ladder away and then see the one screw I didn't drive in? Why is it that I go to TSC or Home Depot for one item, come back with 9 items except the one I originally needed?

Why. The most frustrating word in the English language.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Because you are a loser! OK, I know that I am not supposed to call out people, however, if you are a complainer, then that is all that one can do to stop the complaining. Here are some basic reasons:
A miserable person may derive some form of satisfaction from bringing misery to others for several psychological and emotional reasons:

1. Projection of Pain: Individuals who are unhappy often project their own feelings onto others. By making others feel miserable, they may feel a sense of control or relief from their own pain.
  2. Validation: Causing misery in others can provide a sense of validation. If they can bring others down to their level of unhappiness, it may reinforce their feelings of being justified in their own misery.
  3. Attention-Seeking: Misery loves company. Some individuals may seek attention or sympathy by making others feel miserable, thereby redirecting focus away from their own issues.
  4. Social Dynamics: In certain social contexts, causing misery may be seen as a way to establish dominance or power. This can be particularly prevalent in competitive or toxic environments.
Upon reading where you are from, I know that you are none of the above. I lived in New Hampshire and I know that the people that live there are warm, friendly, and welcoming to strangers alike. I can remember hitch hiking along route 9 between Keene and Henniker, and wanting a drink of water. I stopped at a home where there was an old man sitting in a chair on the porch. I asked him for a drink of water, and he pointed to the stream along side of the home. Told me that he has been drinking from that stream all his life. Handed me a metal cup to scoop up some water, and I drank from that stream. It started a long time friendship that lasted until I moved away. Whenever I was hitchhiking I would stop at his home and sit and talk with him. Today I am probably as old as he was back then, but I still remember him fondly. The interesting thing was that I never asked his name because I figured if he wanted me to know it, he would have told me. He did talk about what it was like growing up in rural New Hampshire.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Why is it that every glove in my cab is right-handed? Why is it that when I drop a rachet socket, it rolls in the drainage grate 3 feet away? Why is it that I put the ladder away and then see the one screw I didn't drive in? Why is it that I go to TSC or Home Depot for one item, come back with 9 items except the one I originally needed?

Why. The most frustrating word in the English language.
Unfortunately, the answer is, it’s because you’re totally normal!

PS… the answers are frequently more frustrating than the questions! 😂

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Because you are a loser! OK, I know that I am not supposed to call out people, however, if you are a complainer, then that is all that one can do to stop the complaining. Here are some basic reasons:

Upon reading where you are from, I know that you are none of the above. I lived in New Hampshire and I know that the people that live there are warm, friendly, and welcoming to strangers alike. I can remember hitch hiking along route 9 between Keene and Henniker, and wanting a drink of water. I stopped at a home where there was an old man sitting in a chair on the porch. I asked him for a drink of water, and he pointed to the stream along side of the home. Told me that he has been drinking from that stream all his life. Handed me a metal cup to scoop up some water, and I drank from that stream. It started a long time friendship that lasted until I moved away. Whenever I was hitchhiking I would stop at his home and sit and talk with him. Today I am probably as old as he was back then, but I still remember him fondly. The interesting thing was that I never asked his name because I figured if he wanted me to know it, he would have told me. He did talk about what it was like growing up in rural New Hampshire.
Was meant to be a humourous, tongue in cheek account of the small irritations inevitable in everyday life. Was smiling while I wrote it. Guess I'm not going to make a living as a comedian. Agree with your assessment of NH folks. Independent, neighborly and always willing to lend a hand. I moved here in 2002 and plan on dying here. Great place to live. Have a great day.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I realized that what you had written was supposed to be humorous, and my reply started at what I thought would be humorous also, but my humor is also sometimes sarcastic. That is why I continued writing, and thought that I would bring to the conversation a little insight to the people of New Hampshire. Humor is a strange thing, because what is humorous to some isn't to others. A television program, Americas Funnies Videos some find humorous, but I find people getting hurt because of an accidental fall not to be humorous. As an EMT I got to see those accidents and the aftermath of the healing process. Definitely not funny in my opinion.

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Because all their left-handed mates are residing solo in the glove bin at my shop.

Can’t help with the remainder of your questions.
Lol NCL. Can we work out a trade?

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
I realized that what you had written was supposed to be humorous, and my reply started at what I thought would be humorous also, but my humor is also sometimes sarcastic. That is why I continued writing, and thought that I would bring to the conversation a little insight to the people of New Hampshire. Humor is a strange thing, because what is humorous to some isn't to others. A television program, Americas Funnies Videos some find humorous, but I find people getting hurt because of an accidental fall not to be humorous. As an EMT I got to see those accidents and the aftermath of the healing process. Definitely not funny in my opinion.
No worries Dusty. I'm used to sarcasm... I'm married. Best...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Lol NCL. Can we work out a trade?
I’ve never been to New Hampshire. If my wife’s medical issues ever stabilize enough to allow us to make long road trips with the camper again, a glove swap would be a good excuse spend a couple weeks there.

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
I’ve never been to New Hampshire. If my wife’s medical issues ever stabilize enough to allow us to make long road trips with the camper again, a glove swap would be a good excuse spend a couple weeks there.
Shoreline on ocean to the east, White mountains to the north, Canadian border farther north, lakes, forests. Every state has its beautiful highlights. What do you like best in NC?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I too suffer from some of the things mentioned in the first post. Another is stopping art Costco for a pumpkin pie and walking out with $214.79 worth of stuff.