Where are you mounting your switches?

freudianfloyd

Equipment
Kubota MX6000, Massey Ferguson 150, Long 2460, John Deere 410J TC
Sep 30, 2024
Ohio
I am working on installing additional lights for the front and rear of my MX6000. I made a mount for the lights that uses factory bolt locations, and should have no problem running the wires. The only thing I haven't figured out yet, is where and how I want to mount the switches. I prefer not to drill into any factory plastic or metal panels if possible, but obviously the light switch needs to be easy to reach.

So lets see how you all did yours to give me some ideas and inspiration.

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I am working on installing additional lights for the front and rear of my MX6000. I made a mount for the lights that uses factory bolt locations, and should have no problem running the wires. The only thing I haven't figured out yet, is where and how I want to mount the switches. I prefer not to drill into any factory plastic or metal panels if possible, but obviously the light switch needs to be easy to reach.

So lets see how you all did yours to give me some ideas and inspiration.
I took the redneck approach and put a switch on each light. There is a hole at each corner of the canopy, so I used that to mount the lights. The L35 is compact enough that I can reach them while seated. I thought I'd be able to take the lights apart, drill a hole, and mount the switch. But the LEDs are pretty much glued together so I ended up making sheet metal brackets and mounting them externally. Doesn't look too professional but it works. I often use the lights for area lighting, so being able to turn on just one, or both on one side works out. I used switches with pilot lights so I can find them in the dark.