When you are thinking you had a bad day, but bet it is not as bad as this grandmother's day

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
yes they are a little different when young

in this area, there are 3 main venomous snakes and they're all pit vipers

so when you run up on one, and it's not coiled up yet, look closely at it's face. If it's got the pit, back off. It's usually obvious. Also the pupils but when they're young the pupils are tiny and hard to see for us folks with less than stellar eyesight. The pit is a dead giveaway though, once you know what to look for. Next time you're at the zoo have a look and you'll see what I mean.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I love snakes. Some of them taste pretty good. but I probably wouldn't have anything to do with a big python. We have a few constrictors here and they're right-they are STRONG. I have played with them in the past and let them wrap around an arm. And I've also skinned snakes and I'm here to tell you, they might be long and skinny but they are pure muscle. Just like gators, all muscle, and stronger than you'd think. Respect them all.
Never thought I would ever eat a snake.
A large rattler, shared among 11 of us, tasted quite good, having not eaten for several days, on a USN escape and evasion trip in the wilds of North Florida.
We were purposely dropped off with no food!

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
yes they are a little different when young

in this area, there are 3 main venomous snakes and they're all pit vipers

so when you run up on one, and it's not coiled up yet, look closely at it's face. If it's got the pit, back off. It's usually obvious. Also the pupils but when they're young the pupils are tiny and hard to see for us folks with less than stellar eyesight. The pit is a dead giveaway though, once you know what to look for. Next time you're at the zoo have a look and you'll see what I mean.
FBI needs to investigate those darn python supremacists. Dangerous bunch they are … They are just not finding enough white supremacists.

I think if they spent more time on Alligator, Crocodile & Python Supremacists … they’d really be onto something good.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA